Reload this Page >

Received Dubai Job Offer - Need Help On Package & Accomodation Plz

Received Dubai Job Offer - Need Help On Package & Accomodation Plz

Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Zombikiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received Dubai Job Offer - Need Help On Package & Accomodation Plz

Hey Folks,

Im a QS and received an initial job offer of a package around 25k AED, 1 annual return flight home, 30 days holiday, school fee's, medical insurance, fuel allowance and was wondering how do this sound?

I have no kids so wont need the school fee's.

Accomodation and relocation has not been mentioned even though i asked about that?

Normally would most companies put you up for the first month as in a mobilization allowance?

Accomodation worries me as ive heard you pay all rent for the year up front etc and i wouldnt have that kind of money.

The office is based in the marina so where would be a good place to stay, that i can rent just on a monthly basis perhaps?

How much AED per month for a decent apartment are we talking?

Ideally i would want somewhere by myself but would co-habit if needs be.

I plan to rent a car on a monthly basis also.

Thanks in advance!

ZK
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received Dubai Job Offer - Need Help On Package & Accomodation Plz

welcome to the bored..please use the search button at the top of the page, there have been hundreds of questions exactly like yours, all answered.
There is a lot of info out there already..do a little research sweetie and then if you still need help do ask

try looking at some threads recently posted!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...alary+in+dubai

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...dub ai+living

Also nowadays very few people pay their rent with 1 cheque, it is more usual for 4/6 and sometimes even 12 cheques..as I suggested in a previous thread, maybe share for a while to get the feel of things..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744610
Michaeldaviez meet zombiekiller you could both share in the Marina

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jan 12th 2012 at 1:24 am.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

^^

Thanks for that!

Anymore input folks?

Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:05 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need to get some clarity on the accommodation issue, i.e. is it included or do you get additional allowances? Some companies will give you a loan to cover rent which can be paid back over the year, but again, you need to check if that's available.

The first month thing varies, I find. Sounds like you've got a few things to clear up.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 3:18 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Sounds like you need to get some clarity on the accommodation issue, i.e. is it included or do you get additional allowances? Some companies will give you a loan to cover rent which can be paid back over the year, but again, you need to check if that's available.

The first month thing varies, I find. Sounds like you've got a few things to clear up.
yeah, from the way you put it (and in fairness, this is the way companies set it out now), you get 25k in your pocket every month and this is expected to cover all the "allowances" you may need, rather than having the 25k as pocket money and them paying directly for your accommodations, flights, etc... Don't go reminding them that you don't need school fees!

If you're going to be working in the marina and fancy living in the marina, then you may not need a car (unless you go on site a lot). The marina has perfectly nice 1 bed places for 60k/yr upwards. In general, but not always, the cheapest places are the furthest away from the Dubai end, and/or smaller, darker or surrounded by a building site. We were paying 90k for a nice, small-ish but bright 2-bed in Damac Waves (great facilities).

The marina's nice - most is now walkable, but there's also a bus every 15 minutes and 2 metro stations with trains that run every 10 minutes... and taxis often seem to fight for your custom, including beeping horns at you as soon as you even look towards the road.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Zombikiller
Hey Folks, Im a QS and received an initial job offer of a package around 25k AED, 1 annual return flight home, 30 days holiday, school fee's, medical insurance, fuel allowance and was wondering how do this sound?
If accomodation and car allowances are not in addition to the 25K then I would stay where I was now, as 25K all in is a poor package for a QS (I'm a QS BTW).
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure your accommodation package is covered in you contract . You need clarity on the specifics as it's make or break for the deal and make sure you get a total breakdown on how it's paid and what you're entitled to when renting.

Believe you me they know exactly what they have to pay you and don't take any shite off some snooty nosed recruitment consultant who tells you that it's ok and cool and we'll sort that one out when you get here and then he tells you to remember that this is Dubai and there's loads of people who'd want the job and the sun always shines bah blah blah....!

If the're not prepared to pay the premium for your services as a Western expat then stay at home , if they knock you now you'll be floundering when you get here .

I've never had a deal where i wasn't fully compensated and i never pay money to anyone upfront for accommodation . It's different for other industries and people work for more or less all depending what their worth is to the prospective company.

Remember all firms only give you anything when they have to mate and in this part of the world every detail counts.

Good Luck
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wot he said.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by co durham boy
...I've never had a deal where i wasn't fully compensated and i never pay money to anyone upfront for accommodation...
If you receive an accomodation allowance rather than your company providing you with accomodation then you will have to pay upfront for it, certainly in UAE and I'm sure Qatar is the same. Dubai used to be one year rent in advance although now it's possible, although not always, to give 3 or 4 cheques.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jackwow
If you receive an accomodation allowance rather than your company providing you with accomodation then you will have to pay upfront for it, certainly in UAE and I'm sure Qatar is the same. Dubai used to be one year rent in advance although now it's possible, although not always, to give 3 or 4 cheques.
Qatar 12 monthly cheques+ 1 month security.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
Qatar 12 monthly cheques+ 1 month security.
That's good.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Will update this thread when i get more info