Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The reason people come to DooBye!

The reason people come to DooBye!

Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:34 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The reason people come to DooBye!

Ok folks,

I have been doing some experiments on this 'Phenomena' as to why people especially from less fortunate countries come to dubai... and most of the time the reason is always money!

and everyone knows well enough by now that there is no such thing as a money plant that is grown in the desert!

so of the ladies i spoke to said that its just a nice to see men in long white skirts and they dont get to see that somewhere else!

and most of the guys i spoke to said that, back in their Home country Dubai is considered a land of dreams come true and there is more money in these country than anywhere else!

If a person from their Village is a Manager in the United states of America or Britain and holds the Nationality but the other person from the Same village who works as a Cleaner in Dubai is MORE Respected and looked up at! simply because he is from Dubai!

So this makes these guys who works as cleaners in "Dubai" gets more beautifull girls and a lot of offers for marriage from many families around... just because he is working in Dubai!

because people from their villages have never been to Dubai and they have some sort of Idea that Dubai is the place and only the Chosen ones live there!

Actaully some Sub-Continent friends of mine made me watch an Indian movie which was about two families, One family their son was living and working in Dubai and the other family son was working in America!

and everybdoy use to love the family whos son was living in Dubai and he was sending things as gift to his family which were made in America!

while the family who son was working in america was not even sending his family anything!!!

so the Dubai family use to gossip in the neighbourhood and make fun about the family whos son was in America!

Ok, I hope you guys now start to understand why people from these countries are still coming here!

Last edited by CasaNova; Dec 8th 2005 at 7:45 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reason people come to DooBye!

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Ok folks,

I have been doing some experiments on this 'Phenomena' as to why people especially from less fortunate countries come to dubai... and most of the time the reason is always money!

and everyone knows well enough by now that there is no such thing as a money plant that is grown in the desert!

so of the ladies i spoke to said that its just a nice to see men in long white skirts and they dont get to see that somewhere else!

and most of the guys i spoke to said that, back in their Home country Dubai is considered a land of dreams come true and there is more money in these country than anywhere else!

If a person from their Village is a Manager in the United states of America of Britain or Britain and holds the Nationality but the other person from the Same village who works as a Cleaner in Dubai is MORE Respected and looked up at! simply because he is from Dubai!

So this makes these guys who works as cleaners in "Dubai" gets more beautifull girls and a lot of offers for marriage from many families around... just because he is working in Dubai!

because people from their villages have never been to Dubai and they have some sort of Idea that Dubai is the place and only the Chosen ones live there!

Actaully some Sub-Continent friends of mine made me watch an Indian movie which was about two families, One family their son was living and working in Dubai and the other family son was working in America!

and everybdoy use to love the family whos son was living in Dubai and he was sending things as gift to his family which were made in America!

while the family who son was working in america was not even sending his family anything!!!

so the Dubai family use to gossip in the neighbourhood and make fun about the family whos son was in America!

Ok, I hope you guys now start to understand why people from these countries are still coming here!
Makes perfect sense to me!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The reason people come to DooBye!

Ok folks,

If a person from their Village is a Manager in the United states of America or Britain and holds the Nationality but the other person from the Same village who works as a Cleaner in Dubai is MORE Respected and looked up at! simply because he is from Dubai!

Dr CN,
Thank you for your thesis on 'why people.....doobuy'.

We hereby award you a Phd for your masterpiece

You are a genius !
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Ok folks,

When you saw Superman you didnt actually believe that he can really fly do you??
And speaking of Indian movies,no Indian will sing and dance in the streets now,will they??
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

When I originally visited here -- I knew there was a large Indian population.
Finding out that they don't really sing&dance like that 'en mass' was one of my life's single greatest disappointments.

Originally Posted by shoushou
And speaking of Indian movies,no Indian will sing and dance in the streets now,will they??
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
When I originally visited here -- I knew there was a large Indian population.
Finding out that they don't really sing&dance like that 'en mass' was one of my life's single greatest disappointments.
Thats a real shame....
I wonder why CN came to Dubai from Germany....
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Germans are a bum-obsesed lot.
Maybe the 'did something' to him?

Anyhow.. all I can say is -- MORE dancing please:

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All of these are computer generated effects...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
Ofcourse they do. You just need plenty of trees and bushes around
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ditto
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:26 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Just in terms of # of Indians etc. in Dubai, a certain rather well known company here has say 26,500 employees, of that 38% are Indian, 13% are Pakistani and the third largest group are.....

Go on have a guess, not you FD I told you and hubby today!!...

Answers on a post card to this thread...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:40 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Just in terms of # of Indians etc. in Dubai, a certain rather well known company here has say 26,500 employees, of that 38% are Indian, 13% are Pakistani and the third largest group are.....

Irish
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:48 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, not even close, not even on the right continent....
Irish
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MJC
Nope, not even close, not even on the right continent....

Lebenese?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:28 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lebenese?
Getting warmer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.