Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Realistic commute time DXB-AD?

Realistic commute time DXB-AD?

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Realistic commute time DXB-AD?

Quick question... I may have to go a few times to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, leaving around 7am. How long it would take (by car) from Dubai Marina to AD Corniche? And from Arabian Ranches?

Cheers!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic commute time DXB-AD?

from 7 at least 2hours with the roadworks/crashes at raha beach from the marina, and arabian ranches is a lot further around so add at least another half an hour and more. in order to do that commute people leave at 5 to get into ad by 8ish.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
from 7 at least 2hours with the roadworks/crashes at raha beach from the marina, and arabian ranches is a lot further around so add at least another half an hour and more. in order to do that commute people leave at 5 to get into ad by 8ish.
Hmm...not sure about that. Last time I drove from the Ranches (February) it was just over 90 minutes from leaving to arriving in Zadco (corniche).
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Hmm...not sure about that. Last time I drove from the Ranches (February) it was just over 90 minutes from leaving to arriving in Zadco (corniche).
think you get good and bad days.

Personally I've managed to do pretty much the same, but I've also regularly got caught up in the snarl up that begins before the roadworks on raha, which can take an hour or more to get through.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

hence what i said raha beach roadworks (which will still be here for a good long while yet) can take a big chunk out of your time, depending on when you "hit" them.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet another basic question which has been asked umpteen times on previous threads. May not necessarily be the OP's fault, however, as the "search" facility on here is not always what it should be. Did you check before posting?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:53 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yet another basic question which has been asked umpteen times on previous threads. May not necessarily be the OP's fault, however, as the "search" facility on here is not always what it should be. Did you check before posting?
You seem to be making a habit of getting out of the wrong side of the bed.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

My dear LH,

I have read the thread and use the search tool (what is not very good). I came up with answers like 1:20 from DXB to AD... that were too generic for me as I will be leaving from Marina and arriving in AD corniche. Also, as you may know, traffic conditions change all the time here because of road work... so I wanted to get an specific answer to my question. Not sure why you are so grumpy when you pay only 80K for a 3 bedroom...

Cheers!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by admon
think you get good and bad days.

Personally I've managed to do pretty much the same, but I've also regularly got caught up in the snarl up that begins before the roadworks on raha, which can take an hour or more to get through.
Thanks for the answer. I cannot afford bad days as I will be teaching a class and need to be on time. I guess I will have to wake up earlier to be in the safe side.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Who cares if it's been asked before? What does it matter? Aside from the fact that the search facility does not always work particularly well, things change. Roadworks come and go. A journey that may have taken 3 hours 6 months ago may now only take 90 minutes.

Klaus, it's a mare of a journey, but if you are only doing it occasionally, it's not too bad. I would allow 2 hours, although you should be able to do it in an hour and a half.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Who cares if it's been asked before? What does it matter? Aside from the fact that the search facility does not always work particularly well, things change. Roadworks come and go. A journey that may have taken 3 hours 6 months ago may now only take 90 minutes.

Klaus, it's a mare of a journey, but if you are only doing it occasionally, it's not too bad. I would allow 2 hours, although you should be able to do it in an hour and a half.
Aye... Just keep an eye out for any pedestrians crossing SZR at dusk....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and take into account when it gets foggy which its getting more and more, then the road will be closed due to massive piles of accidents...... and you may not even get into ad emirate let alone further down the road.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

my husband is doing this everyday, it is taking him 90 minutes. Coming back is a bit longer though.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
my husband is doing this everyday, it is taking him 90 minutes. Coming back is a bit longer though.
Every day? How is he finding it?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Thanks for the answer. I cannot afford bad days as I will be teaching a class and need to be on time. I guess I will have to wake up earlier to be in the safe side.
Hi Klaus, def give yr self 2 hours. Lol if your students are nationals they wont turn up on time, they will swan in 30 mins late (speaking from exp), they will want many tea breaks and will want to go home early

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.