Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

realiable real estate agencies in Abu Dhabi

realiable real estate agencies in Abu Dhabi

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default realiable real estate agencies in Abu Dhabi

Do you guys know any reliable real estate agencies here?

Thanks
Marco
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: realiable real estate agencies in Abu Dhabi

none.

Thread Closed
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
none.

Thread Closed
What about if someone ask you for 100 AED as a "visiting commission" to see an apartment in Khaleefa Citi? The real estate agency I am currently dealing with is Silver Lake. Do you know it? How is Khaleefa Citi? Is it OK 110k per year for 1 bd aptm in a villa in KC, with a 5% fee to be paid to the agency?

Sorry for all these questions, but I am quite desperate at the moment, my employer is not gonna help me in finding accomodation and I do need some good advise!

M.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

this sounds like a con. 100AED upfront?

I wasnt aware there was 1 br apartments in KCA? unless of course a villa has been converted?

but for 110K i would be very wary..shared kitchen etc

What is your budget?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of agents ask for 5% commission on signing - it seems to be the norm these days and it's not illegal. The Dhs100 viewing fee is not legal but I suppose that they can get away with anything these days due to the shortage of accomodation. I would negotiate on this one!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
this sounds like a con. 100AED upfront?

I wasnt aware there was 1 br apartments in KCA? unless of course a villa has been converted?

but for 110K i would be very wary..shared kitchen etc

What is your budget?

I am single so I don't need a big place to stay.
I don't have particular budget problems, I am gonna pay the market rate. 1 bedroom is enough. As far as I understand, this 1bd aptm is in a villa that has been converted. I should go and visit it this afternoon.

Yes the 100AED is an upfront commission, only for visiting the place. Is it normal?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

its illegal to charge your for viewing they get enough with commission and yes silver lake always 'try' it on with the 100 dhs just tell them you know thats its illegal and you are not paying it and they will not try it again, but dont worry they will still show you stuff. if they have 1 bed flats then its usually a converted villa, or they are beginning to build some more flats, if its a villa check paperwork as they need permission to alter buildings etc.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

Marco, Silver Lake have studios for 75K I think around murror and 29th. I was looking for 1 or 2 bed places and was not very impressed. They were quoting an excess of 200K for 2 beds in villa conversions that were of horrible quality. For those prices you would get something absolutely phenomenal in London or NYC.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

I can add the Green Star are a bad company. I called and tried to see if they had a viewing fee and the answer was no no, just come to our office. I said I didn't want to, just pick me up and meet me somewhere and you can show me the available properties. In the end I went, where they gave me a sheet of paper stating they wee my exclusive agent and asking for a registration fee of 100 AED to which I said this is what I tried to get out of you otherwise I would not have come over here. Its a matter of principal--I'm not paying any of these fees. So he said OK for you our commission is 10% if you find an apartment. So I just got up and left.

Question is who regulates or overseas these guys? I feel like going on a crusade against this viedwing fee because it is utter bullshit. All they have to do is take you and show you crap apartmend and make money that way.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niddy
Marco, Silver Lake have studios for 75K I think around murror and 29th. I was looking for 1 or 2 bed places and was not very impressed. They were quoting an excess of 200K for 2 beds in villa conversions that were of horrible quality. For those prices you would get something absolutely phenomenal in London or NYC.
eheh the point is that i'm not in in London or NYC.... I am in Abu Dhabi !!!

Anyway yestarday I went to visit a converted villa with a Silver Lake agent (???). The villa i still under construction, it will b ready on October. For a studio they asked me 110k...

Now I'm condidering the sharing option... I am going to see a couple of apartments tonight.....
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Marco, this is at muroor and 29th and it is a converted villa with studios and one beds. I saw it today and it is completed. I guess call again and tell them that.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

make sure if its a converted villa that they have all the required proof and documentation for the conversion.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niddy
Marco, this is at muroor and 29th and it is a converted villa with studios and one beds. I saw it today and it is completed. I guess call again and tell them that.

what do you think about this converted villa? do you think that 110k for a studio is OK?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:51 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

No it is not fkng reasonable - none of the UAE prices are but if it is the market rate then pay it or sleep on the beach (not with your wife though)!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Marco the silver lake guys said it was 75K for the studios in the converted villas. I'd say 110 for a studio is probably too much. Their are 1 beds for around that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.