Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ras Al Kaimah Free Trade Zone Comp. OK?

Ras Al Kaimah Free Trade Zone Comp. OK?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Exploring UAE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ras Al Kaimah Free Trade Zone Comp. OK?

Hi All,

What is your impression of the credibility of a company registered in the RAK Free Trade Zone, positive, negative, or neutral?

I am exploring opening a company in the UAE, working from the RAK FTZ in Dubai and I will be working with Expats so, Your Opinion Counts!

Thanks! in advance for your input.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ras Al Kaimah Free Trade Zone Comp. OK?

Originally Posted by Exploring UAE
Hi All,

What is your impression of the credibility of a company registered in the RAK Free Trade Zone, positive, negative, or neutral?

I am exploring opening a company in the UAE, working from the RAK FTZ in Dubai and I will be working with Expats so, Your Opinion Counts!

Thanks! in advance for your input.
lots of companies are opening up ther due to the lower costs.
My company is a DMCC Free Zone company but we are also in the process of setting up a RAK company.

nothing wrong with RAK FTZ companies
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
lots of companies are opening up ther due to the lower costs.
My company is a DMCC Free Zone company but we are also in the process of setting up a RAK company.

nothing wrong with RAK FTZ companies
Agreed - I'm sorting something out there too.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Exploring UAE is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear,

Thanks for your views.

If you have any additional info on doing business in/from RAK FTZ and other FTZs in Dubai, please PM me.

Take Care
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Hamad is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Ras Al Kaimah Free Trade Zone Comp. OK?

I have been working in RAK Free Zone and also an investor but planning to change to RAK Investment Authority…

The reasons are setting up a business is cheap but according to the strategy they make it up later with this and that charges that will get invoice without detailed explanation… They differentiate and give priorities to new investors so we will get registered and after three months of operating bills are coming with double and unexpected charges… No one is free to go through hassle in this process as they don’t give importance to registered investors…

I feel sorry for investors who are still suffering but if your investor and supplier that’s another story… Numbers of registered investors are very low compared to other Free Zones and at the same many companies leave after 3-6 months but still RAK Free Zone is standing by charging extra to their investors and making profit out of it… SO RAK FTZA IS NEGATIVE

If the calculation is done investing and being an investor with RAK Investment Authority is cheaper and professional where promises are made and kept. They do not differentiate new and existing investors…
RAK IA IS VERY POSITIVE...

Thank you...