Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:19 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 37
mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice
Default Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Has anyone stayed there or know what it is like?

We are arriving in AD on the 28th (me the wife and 2 kids) and my company has suggested putting us up at this hotel for 1 month whilst we try and find a place to rent - so could be more than a month!! The HR Manager didnt exactly give it the big sell when describing it to me and it doesnt look too good from what I have seen on the net. Hence I have asked that they come back to me with some alternatives - any suggestions? - I dont think they would stretch to a month at the Palace by the way!

Seriously any help would be much appreciated as we will be out there in a little over a week!

Thanks in anticipation.
mais91 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:28 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
TBird's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 211
TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

When we first arrived (family of 4) we were put at Platinum Hotel Apartments....which were pretty average, quite good location but soon moved out, as it was under going renovation (reception consisted of a picnic table under the stairs) it was large but not clean, things may have changed now. We then moved to Al Manzel Hotel Apartments in Tourist club which is great, very clean and comfortable rooms, rooftop pool and restaurant. Although they only have one bedroom apartments and they did give us one of the large ones, the kids sleep on a fold out bed. Location is good close to Abu Dhabi Mall where there is a cinema and bowling alley and near to a supermarket, Meridien Hotel and the Beach Rotana Hotel.

The Beach Rotana Hotel is a hotel but also has a tower block of apartment for short stays which are nice, the best thing about this is that you then can access the beach club which is great....swimming pool, gym, tennis courts ect
TBird is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:32 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 37
mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Thanks TBird

So are you still searching for a more permanent place or have you found something?
mais91 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:29 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
TBird's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 211
TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Still searching but we are waiting for word of a place at Al Raha Gardens so fingers crossed , hear the news Tuesday!!! Hotel has been fun but now need a home...
TBird is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:01 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
cherrypie1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 83
cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Hi, whichever hotel/serviced apartments you choose do make sure it is a good one with good facilities. My husband found us a lovely villa in the month that he was here before I arrived with our 4 children, it was still being built but was almost finished - 4 months later it still isn't finished and we are still living in a hotel. The hotel we are in is really nice with fantastic staff but it is right in the middle of the city with no access to the beach, no outside areas, no pool, not even a games room, needless to say our 2 eldest children are going crazy. Plus (and this is the worst thing) it isn't bloody licensed!. My children are used to being able to go outside and they need to be able to run off some excess energy. Plus, the noise from the street is an absolute pain in the arse with screeching tires and constant horn beeping (anytime of the day and night). Beach Rotana suites is a good one, I have a couple of friends that stayed there and yes, you have access to the beach club - it really does make SUCH a difference. Hopefully you will only be in a hotel for a very short time but just in case you are there longer, it is better to have at least some facilities to stop you going stir crazy.

Hope I haven't put you off, AD is a fantastic place to live and we all love it here but as TBird says, we need a home ... Good luck with your search, hopefully I won't catch you rambling on this site in 4 months time.....!!
cherrypie1 is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 6:15 pm
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

also be aware that now the summer is upon us, things 'slow down' even more in the building front...!
busybee2 is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:08 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
TBird's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 211
TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

I'm sure that comment makes everyone feel better.....Thanks
TBird is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

just telling you how it is, in the heat of the summer things slow down (would you want to work outside, also there are rules of when you can work depending on the temperature, the other factor will be in september it will be ramadan and then again, the working hours are cut), so if you think that a building will be ready by xxxx date always factor in more time, so not to get hopes up too much etc, best to factor in delays and then if it all goes to plan you are surprised.
busybee2 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:40 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi wef Sep 08
Posts: 30
Nina2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Originally Posted by TBird View Post
When we first arrived (family of 4) we were put at Platinum Hotel Apartments....which were pretty average, quite good location but soon moved out, as it was under going renovation (reception consisted of a picnic table under the stairs) it was large but not clean, things may have changed now. We then moved to Al Manzel Hotel Apartments in Tourist club which is great, very clean and comfortable rooms, rooftop pool and restaurant. Although they only have one bedroom apartments and they did give us one of the large ones, the kids sleep on a fold out bed. Location is good close to Abu Dhabi Mall where there is a cinema and bowling alley and near to a supermarket, Meridien Hotel and the Beach Rotana Hotel.

The Beach Rotana Hotel is a hotel but also has a tower block of apartment for short stays which are nice, the best thing about this is that you then can access the beach club which is great....swimming pool, gym, tennis courts ect
Hi Tbird, yr suggestion of the Beach Rotana Hotel sounds good. Whereabouts is it located? we're moving Sep 08 and while I'll be working at Al Salam Street (ADCB bldg), the kids will be studying at the other end in Al Yasmina (Raha). So i'm wondering whether Beach ROtana might be a good option location-wise? Else, any other suggestions? Thanks very much for the invaluable advise!
Nina2008 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:27 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
TBird's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 211
TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Beach Rotana is in the tourist club area in downtown, which is on island so Al Yasmina is off island 20-25mins away next to Al Raha Gardens. Your work is just down the road from the Beach Rotana a cheap taxi ride.

There is another hotel near the school called Al Raha Beach Hotel, not sure they do apartment living......My personal suggestion would be base from Beach Rotana Hotel as you then have a great beach club on the weekends to keep kids occupied plus near to Malls, Supermarkets and other restaurants if your wife feels like a day off, also easier to base from there to get things set up for your future home, with the kids I would look into the school bus that Al Yasmina is providing.
TBird is offline  
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:20 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Abu Dhabi wef Sep 08
Posts: 30
Nina2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Originally Posted by TBird View Post
Beach Rotana is in the tourist club area in downtown, which is on island so Al Yasmina is off island 20-25mins away next to Al Raha Gardens. Your work is just down the road from the Beach Rotana a cheap taxi ride.

There is another hotel near the school called Al Raha Beach Hotel, not sure they do apartment living......My personal suggestion would be base from Beach Rotana Hotel as you then have a great beach club on the weekends to keep kids occupied plus near to Malls, Supermarkets and other restaurants if your wife feels like a day off, also easier to base from there to get things set up for your future home, with the kids I would look into the school bus that Al Yasmina is providing.
tbird, thks, would u believe i just noticed this reply of yrs....will look into beach rotana - sounds like a good option, and btw, i have a husband, not a wife....haha.
Nina2008 is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:01 am
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
weescot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
Posts: 887
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Originally Posted by TBird View Post
Beach Rotana is in the tourist club area in downtown, which is on island so Al Yasmina is off island 20-25mins away next to Al Raha Gardens. Your work is just down the road from the Beach Rotana a cheap taxi ride.

There is another hotel near the school called Al Raha Beach Hotel, not sure they do apartment living......My personal suggestion would be base from Beach Rotana Hotel as you then have a great beach club on the weekends to keep kids occupied plus near to Malls, Supermarkets and other restaurants if your wife feels like a day off, also easier to base from there to get things set up for your future home, with the kids I would look into the school bus that Al Yasmina is providing.
Originally Posted by Nina2008 View Post
Hi Tbird, yr suggestion of the Beach Rotana Hotel sounds good. Whereabouts is it located? we're moving Sep 08 and while I'll be working at Al Salam Street (ADCB bldg), the kids will be studying at the other end in Al Yasmina (Raha). So i'm wondering whether Beach ROtana might be a good option location-wise? Else, any other suggestions? Thanks very much for the invaluable advise!
This is where I stayed when I arrived in Abu Dhabi - Beach Rotana suites have the best reputation in Abu Dhabi and I'd recommend them.. Very close to ADCB building too. Can be walked in cooler months, but no more than a 3 minute taxi ride. during ramadan breakfast can only betaken in your room though.

Originally Posted by mais91 View Post
Has anyone stayed there or know what it is like?

We are arriving in AD on the 28th (me the wife and 2 kids) and my company has suggested putting us up at this hotel for 1 month whilst we try and find a place to rent - so could be more than a month!! The HR Manager didnt exactly give it the big sell when describing it to me and it doesnt look too good from what I have seen on the net. Hence I have asked that they come back to me with some alternatives - any suggestions? - I dont think they would stretch to a month at the Palace by the way!

Seriously any help would be much appreciated as we will be out there in a little over a week!

Thanks in anticipation.
I am not familiar with these suites - it may be a case of availability - even hotel apartments are getting very very full, but would advise you make it clear to your HR what your expectations are (ie a standard of accomodation in line with your grade/position). That way, if it falls short you have a bit more leverage to get them to move you.

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
just telling you how it is, in the heat of the summer things slow down (would you want to work outside, also there are rules of when you can work depending on the temperature, the other factor will be in september it will be ramadan and then again, the working hours are cut), so if you think that a building will be ready by xxxx date always factor in more time, so not to get hopes up too much etc, best to factor in delays and then if it all goes to plan you are surprised.
Yes, delays are part of the landscape here. However, bear in mind the rule for temperature is that if it goes over 50C, work has to stop, so therefore it rarely gets "officially reported" over 50C. I have noticed a lot more floodlit construction work going on in AD into the cooler hours of the evening. Construction workers do have an option - sadly it is do as you are told, or get on the next plane home. Ramadan doesn't start till early September, - but the slow down tends to be counterbalanced by a big push to get things finished before then.
weescot is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:30 am
  #13  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,125
busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

yes i know about the 'rules' about the temperature, and it will never reach over 45 degrees! but if you are out working in the heat, you slow down, and yes a lot of construction carries on during the cooler times, I know as I have a man in construction, all of the concrete pours will now start to be poured at night etc so then its lovely if you are living right next door to a construction site......! and having a noisey pump and 10 trucks waiting in line, all I am saying is that in the cooler times of the year, a deadline is set for finishing a project, and that quite often falls by the wayside, and so it only gets worse in the summer time, look at the construction of the overbrige for the airport, thats meant to be finished next year, well they havent even done one half yet, and because its concrete it takes time for them to do it...!
busybee2 is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:00 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 197
Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice
Default Re: Ramee Guestline Hotel Apartments in AD

Hi we have been given a choice between al manzel and the platinum for temp lodgings in abu dhabi - just starting to have a look into both but sounds like al manzel is the better - would appreciate any views/tips if any ?! wwill eb travelling to work int he al muroor district - so any advise on how the traffic situation is ? thanks foxes
Foxes is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.