Reload this Page >

Ramadan and Sunbathing

Ramadan and Sunbathing

Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

ClareandAlan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ramadan and Sunbathing

Hi

We are visiting Dubai 20-29 August and have just found out it's Ramadan!

Could anyone advise whether we are able to subathe at our hotel (in a bikini - we're staying at the Crowne Plaza). I have emailed the hotel and they are saying, that it is not usual to dress in a bikini during Ramadan, however, they have not exactly said whether it is permissible at their hotel.

Any advise would be greatly received.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ramadan and Sunbathing

Originally Posted by ClareandAlan
Hi

Could anyone advise whether we are able to subathe at our hotel (in a bikini - we're staying at the Crowne Plaza). I have emailed the hotel and they are saying, that it is not usual to dress in a bikini during Ramadan, however, they have not exactly said whether it is permissible at their hotel.

Thanks
Personally I think sunbathing in 40degC plus weather is absolutely mental. Too many deaths from skin cancer for my liking. As for clothing, just wear a cotton wrap when walking around the pool but OK to wear a bikini if you are lying down...in the shade.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Personally I think sunbathing in 40degC plus weather is absolutely mental. Too many deaths from skin cancer for my liking. As for clothing, just wear a cotton wrap when walking around the pool but OK to wear a bikini if you are lying down...in the shade.
ah man it's fine.

In answer to your question Clare and Alan, if you are in a hotel you'll be fine in a bikini at their private pool or beach, just make sure when you go out at night or through the day you don't have tiny shorts of your baps hanging out and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to Spugsy and Shadya for your replies, most helpful. Us British need our sun!

No baps will be hanging out, don't you worry!!!!

Thanks again to both of you.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Spugsy and Shadya for your replies, most helpful. Us British need our sun!

No baps will be hanging out, don't you worry!!!!

Thanks again to both of you.
have a great holiday
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, Bluecat!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Bluecat!
don't forget to get yourselves a few bottles of plonk in the DutyFree at Dubai airport, will save you a few quid if you fancy a drink in the room.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Thanks
hold on there, i doubt you'd both be allowed to wear the same bikini at the same time at any time in dubai... best to ask at the hotel when you're there though
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

just remember that you won't be able to drink alcohol during the day around the pool.No alcohol served until about 7/7.30pm during Ramadan.
However if you take 1 of the "thermos" type bottles down with you topped up with your fav beverage and are discreet you will be ok Or you can go to your room for a drink.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
just remember that you won't be able to drink alcohol during the day around the pool.No alcohol served until about 7/7.30pm during Ramadan.
However if you take 1 of the "thermos" type bottles down with you topped up with your fav beverage and are discreet you will be ok Or you can go to your room for a drink.
or you could just not drink during the day ........

Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
or you could just not drink during the day ........

ARE YOU MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:11 pm
Concierge

ARE YOU MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was expecting you to say UNTHINKABLE!!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I was expecting you to say UNTHINKABLE!!!
same same
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

oh by the way I will have boxes of books for you next week
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:19 pm
Concierge

oh by the way I will have boxes of books for you next week
PM me, I will pop over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.