Ramadan car deals

Old May 17th 2011, 6:04 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ramadan car deals

I finally got my driving licence sorted out today (it's only taken me just over 10 months) .

I've been looking at hiring a car until Ramadan, but to be honest, the cost is making me question whether it's worth it.

I'm looking at getting something like a Kia Sportage, which will set me back about AED2000-2500 a month. It's going to cost around that to hire a Yaris month by month.

What I want to know is, in your experience, is it worth holding off till Ramadan to buy a car, or would will it not make much of a difference?
Old May 17th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan car deals

How are you getting around at the moment, and how much does that cost you? Less than it costs to hire? If so, maybe it's an option to continue doing that for now.

Deals in Ramadan - no idea.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

The best time to score a deal on a new car is Dec/Jan/Feb when the dealers are trying to clear out their last year's stock. Ramadamadingdong deals are nothing special.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:34 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
How are you getting around at the moment, and how much does that cost you? Less than it costs to hire? If so, maybe it's an option to continue doing that for now.

Deals in Ramadan - no idea.
I've been getting around by taxi, which has been fine since October/November, but I live in JBR and with the temperature and humidity rising again, standing around for upwards of 20-30 minutes in the morning like I sometimes have to is no longer an option; especially as I frequently interview senior executives at some of the biggest companies in the Middle East and so sweat and body oder are a huge no-no.

I've been told we can get a Yaris through a deal in work for 1600-ish a month. I might go with that for a month or two, get my experience up on the roads and then look at buying around then. But if the deals aren't that great in Ramadan, then I may just buy earlier.
Old May 17th 2011, 8:00 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I've been getting around by taxi, which has been fine since October/November, but I live in JBR and with the temperature and humidity rising again, standing around for upwards of 20-30 minutes in the morning like I sometimes have to is no longer an option; especially as I frequently interview senior executives at some of the biggest companies in the Middle East and so sweat and body oder are a huge no-no.

I've been told we can get a Yaris through a deal in work for 1600-ish a month. I might go with that for a month or two, get my experience up on the roads and then look at buying around then. But if the deals aren't that great in Ramadan, then I may just buy earlier.
Haven't you tried 04 2080808?

Once they have your details you don't have to give them again and, providing you pre-book you should be fine for taxis - there must be loads in the area. If you find one you like and who knows where you want to go get his personal mobile and try and book him in advance in person.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fluffy why dont you get the number of one of the drivers and get him to pick you up every day- I had a regular guy for the frist year then he vanished off the face of the earth. Now there is a small army of drivers outside mine every day and I never have to wait.

And if you are driving myabe you could do a car pool and get some money back on the car hire? Even if you just do it one way might be worth doing...
Old May 18th 2011, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I finally got my driving licence sorted out today (it's only taken me just over 10 months) .

I've been looking at hiring a car until Ramadan, but to be honest, the cost is making me question whether it's worth it.

I'm looking at getting something like a Kia Sportage, which will set me back about AED2000-2500 a month. It's going to cost around that to hire a Yaris month by month.

What I want to know is, in your experience, is it worth holding off till Ramadan to buy a car, or would will it not make much of a difference?
get a second hand 3 door, 2006 model Pajero. Buy it for 42k - sell it 2 years later for 30k.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:29 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get a sportage. Effin awful car. I hired one as I like sitting higher up in a car. It was underpowered and slow. Only kept it cos it was a good deal through the company. Every other hire car I've liked in some way but that one really had nothing going for it.

My mates all got pretty good deals in Ramadan - the best one was a landcruiser. He got tons of money off it. So much in fact that when he sold it back to a dealer eight months later he only lost 5000 dhs.
Depends how long you're going to have the car for though... I bought a new car in the uk (through a broker with added scrappage discount) but it was going to be my car for years and years. Because this is such a temporary place it wouldn't cross my mind tobuy new now.
I second millhouse about buying second hand.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I second millhouse about buying second hand.
agree I'm selling my 2006 Nissan X-trail 90k on the clock full service mystery - 25k final price, Muroor, Abu Dhabi
Old May 18th 2011, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

agree I'm selling my 2006 Nissan X-trail 90k on the clock full service mystery - 25k final price, Muroor, Abu Dhabi
Will you take 5k for it?
Old May 18th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

DEC/JAN/FEB is definitely not a good time to buy new cars. as thats when prices are higher plus many people rush to spend their bonuses.

Traditionally some brands have offered good deals during Ramadan; this includes Lexus/Infiniti/Nissan/Toyota/Honda . Ford often does not.

I am going for a car in Ramadan but thats because I dont to buy a new car and drive it during the hottest period of the year; June to Early August. I'd rather than a rental take the brunt of driving in 45C.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Will you take 5k for it?
GBP I would
Old May 18th 2011, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxima
DEC/JAN/FEB is definitely not a good time to buy new cars. as thats when prices are higher plus many people rush to spend their bonuses.

So how come I got 47,000 discount on the list price of a 205,000 Volvo?
Old May 18th 2011, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

205K Volvo? Why would anyone pay that for a Volvo???
Old May 18th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
205K Volvo? Why would anyone pay that for a Volvo???
Because it's the safest car in it's class and comes fully loaded with extras, for a start. BMW and Audi ask another 30K for the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.