Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Rain and Hailstones

Rain and Hailstones

Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:56 am

philipz is on a distinguished road
Default Rain and Hailstones

Well it rained for quite a bit last night around 8ish and I was dumb enough to go out driving with a friend and due to the stupid roundabout under the first bridge of sharjah, I was stuck in traffic for around 2 hours, and would you believe, just as I got out of the traffic, the police show up to smoothen out the situation. Well anyway, my friend told me that chunks of hailstones dropped in Dubai and damaged some cars, where any of you the unlucky victims?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:06 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rain and Hailstones

Originally Posted by philipz
Well it rained for quite a bit last night around 8ish and I was dumb enough to go out driving with a friend and due to the stupid roundabout under the first bridge of sharjah, I was stuck in traffic for around 2 hours, and would you believe, just as I got out of the traffic, the police show up to smoothen out the situation. Well anyway, my friend told me that chunks of hailstones dropped in Dubai and damaged some cars, where any of you the unlucky victims?
well it did come down by the bucket load and the hail stones were huge.... no damage to cars though.... detruction on the city.... loads of trees uprooted, so many flooded streets..... go and check out the 'its supposed to rain thread'. The action (bout the rain Joe!) is in that thread.

coppers are never around when u need them! lol

just gave u some karma to help u along aswell