Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Racial unrest in the UK

Racial unrest in the UK

Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:55 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racial unrest in the UK

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Unlike the UAE, we tried to understand other cultures and religions and believed we could live quite happily alongside other peoples to the point of making them fellow citizens.

The UAE succeeds in racial and religious harmony because it does not recognise all cultures as equal to the native culture in their homeland. Expats here have boundries and those who cross them are punished and/or ejected. These are simple rules that have allowed Emiratis to be the rulers of their own country even when they form the minority of the population.

Taking the UK as an example, we have failed because we are at the point where anything too 'traditional' (even petty stuff like dressing 'properly' for certain occassions, waving the odd flag or admitting to being even slightly patriotic - especially for the English) is considered the domain of the racist idiot. Today we are desperate not to be seen as racist (which is of course a good thing) but we do it at the expense of not loving our own people and culture before others in our own land.

There is simply no way anyone can integrate into a society that hates itself...

My radical solution would be to strip citizenship of all people who do not culturally identify with any of the native populations of the UK (English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh etc) and instead give life residences for people who wish to stay and work or marry UK citizens. In order to get citizenship I would ask people to renounce their original culture, take up a name of British origin and swear to put British culture before any other...

In short I'd do exactly what the Japanese do.
I agree with that sentiment 200%.. well said.
absolutely nothing to add to that.......
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:30 am
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Unlike the UAE, we tried to understand other cultures and religions and believed we could live quite happily alongside other peoples to the point of making them fellow citizens.

The UAE succeeds in racial and religious harmony because it does not recognise all cultures as equal to the native culture in their homeland. Expats here have boundries and those who cross them are punished and/or ejected. These are simple rules that have allowed Emiratis to be the rulers of their own country even when they form the minority of the population.

Taking the UK as an example, we have failed because we are at the point where anything too 'traditional' (even petty stuff like dressing 'properly' for certain occassions, waving the odd flag or admitting to being even slightly patriotic - especially for the English) is considered the domain of the racist idiot. Today we are desperate not to be seen as racist (which is of course a good thing) but we do it at the expense of not loving our own people and culture before others in our own land.

There is simply no way anyone can integrate into a society that hates itself...

My radical solution would be to strip citizenship of all people who do not culturally identify with any of the native populations of the UK (English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh etc) and instead give life residences for people who wish to stay and work or marry UK citizens. In order to get citizenship I would ask people to renounce their original culture, take up a name of British origin and swear to put British culture before any other...

In short I'd do exactly what the Japanese do.

Couldn't agree more .......... lets do it, how do we get started? where do I sign?

.............Perhaps it's too late, I think if something like this was even hinted at in our parliment ............ the streets would 'burn' the same night and be seen from space!!!! ............ unfortunately.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:03 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Couldn't agree more .......... lets do it, how do we get started? where do I sign?

.............Perhaps it's too late, I think if something like this was even hinted at in our parliment ............ the streets would 'burn' the same night and be seen from space!!!! ............ unfortunately.
I don't know of any mainstream political party that comes close to my personal views. The main three all have their heads in the sand when it comes to doing anything to promoting and preserving native culture (I have a vain hope the Tories might one day...but by the time they do it will be damage control rather than preservation) and most of the others either have no real support (the English Democrats for example) or are the domain of the racists and extremists (the BNP comes to mind - shame really as they do at least speak up on some of the right issues but do a poor job hiding their racist agendas and thuggish support base)

Maybe we should start our own party?..."The Overpaid and Out of Touch Dubai Expats Great British Alliance"?...assuming we can all get out the pub or off the golf course long enough to do anything of course

The trouble back home is that most voters can be heavily influenced by spin, hype, tabloids and a generally uninformed and politically correct media. Unless someone can shake off the Great British publics obsession with scandal and media created moral panic I doubt much can be done as the people who should be speaking up are ignored and those who do get all the press (like the aforementioned BNP)...

It would take a major media shift and the willingness of many prominent and respected people to say some very uncomfortable things about ourselves, and many areas of unintegrated immigrant society....for many the fear of being labelled racist, or suffering reprisals at the hands of home grown terrorists is enough to keep them quiet though.