Quite Today

Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:12 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all
Default Re: Quite Today

How can they afford that in the States?? HOW???? I can't afford to sleep. Those damn profs won't let me be. Maybe I should move to the States then, since sleep occupies a more active place in people's lives (especially when it comes to politics )
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
lol thanks.. don't think it will be anywhere close to being an 'A'. I have a habit of screwing things up real well on presentations - in fact, so badly that I even forget how to speak English sometimes. :scared:
Cheer up Dan! I know these things are hideous at the time but believe me, when you hit the "real" world & are asked to do a presentation, trust me, you will be SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you did a few at uni. Haven't done one for a while, but I got to the stage of almost enjoying them!!

Keep a bit of humour in it & try to have fun - you'll be fine.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:46 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Ahh, don't get me wrong, I don't particularly dislike public speaking, it's just that in the context of a class, especially a LITERATURE (I call it "bullshitrature") class, it's just too freaking annoying, even if it provides me with valuable experience. I mean, how much can one bullshit and find things where there is NOTHING??? I don't know, but I suck at it, and reasonably so! I can't, for the life of me, understand how someone can talk for 3 consecutive hours about 50 pages of a novel (does not include retelling the story). I don't know. I have no problems with a polisci or philosophy presentation - done them, and aced them. It's not the crowd that bothers me so much as the material I am presenting on. Literature makes me uncomfortable, philosophy/polisci doesn't. OK OK, I guess I made the wrong choice of major, but no more of that mistake next year. Anyway, I guess I will have to live with the idea of hearing myself talk bullshit tomorrow... Ooops, that's today..

My mom's words of wisdom on my anxiety over this presentation: "It's not rocket science." Well gee, mom, thanks for telling me something I didn't know... ahem
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:02 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Cheer up Dan! I know these things are hideous at the time but believe me, when you hit the "real" world & are asked to do a presentation, trust me, you will be SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you did a few at uni. Haven't done one for a while, but I got to the stage of almost enjoying them!!

Keep a bit of humour in it & try to have fun - you'll be fine.
Good stuff LL - listen to her Dan she knows what she's talking about!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:05 am
Banned

LOL. You guys/girls are hilarious. Thanks. I feel better about it now.. hopefully the optimism will stay with me till 2:30 pm (that's 10 hours from now!) which is when my presentation is supposed to start (unless the prof starts bullshitting and only halfway through the class realises that I was supposed to do my presentation)..
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

[QUOTE=DanMarsden]LOL. You guys/girls are hilarious. Thanks. I feel better about it now.. hopefully the optimism will stay with me till 2:30 pm (that's 10 hours from now!) which is when my presentation is supposed to start...

I remember those good old times where I used to be up all night getting my speech right. I used to be terryfied, as standing out in a crowd isn't my thing and I very easily change colour. No matter how much I used to think that I just presented the most boring stuff, the teachers always seemed well impressed. I used to think, what a lot of boring nonsense and I wouldn't do that for a living anyway. But as years are creeping up on me, I must say that all those moments from school which I used to consider a waste of time have come in very handy even just being able to have a speech for the kids.

Keep in mind that we will all be thinking of you and that should make it a smooth ride for you.