Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Quick visa question

Quick visa question

Old May 14th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future
Default Quick visa question

When applying for a residency visa, I am going to need to get my Degree and other certificates 'attested'.

Does my wife and I need our birth certificates attesting as well as our marriage certificate, degree certificates, and the kids birth certificates?

I have checked the many posts on this and it is not clear ... I just have got to try and find the bloody things now!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Re: Quick visa question

I think it depends where you will be working? ie. not in a freezone company? At least I didn't.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:47 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ed Pies View Post
When applying for a residency visa, I am going to need to get my Degree and other certificates 'attested'.

Does my wife and I need our birth certificates attesting as well as our marriage certificate, degree certificates, and the kids birth certificates?

I have checked the many posts on this and it is not clear ... I just have got to try and find the bloody things now!
Just your degrees, marriage and children's birth certificates. Do you know what the procedure is and where to go?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt that your own birth certs need to be attested but probably those of the kids will and the degree certs. If you were married overseas, your marriage cert will definitely need to be attested too. Its a real pain.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future

Fortunately we were married in the UK, but I assume this still needs attesting.

I suppose they need the kids birth certificates to check who the parents are ...
Old May 14th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

amir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the roughamir431974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jrudofsky View Post
I think it depends where you will be working? ie. not in a freezone company? At least I didn't.
So, like me, about to start my residence visa process through Tecom (DIC) - I would not need to provide a degree cert (can't find it!)??
Old May 14th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amir431974 View Post
So, like me, about to start my residence visa process through Tecom (DIC) - I would not need to provide a degree cert (can't find it!)??
You may not necessarily need to have it formally attested but you will probably need to produce it, sooner rather than later, so start hunting now, my friend.
Old May 14th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

You can get a new copy of your degree certificate from Uk universities for £30-40. Just go on their web page and search 'degree certificate'.

Obviously new graduates don't really think long term about keeping their certificates safe, and so reissuing is common place.
Old May 14th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

We have just been through the whole thing and we had to get everything attested Degrees, birth certificates, kids birth certificates, marriage....We sent in the degree certificate which was the generic university plain one with out all the special decorations as that one was framed but they insisted we take that one out of the frame and send that too....so I think you should just send all just to make process faster and hassel free...
Old May 15th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TBird View Post
We have just been through the whole thing and we had to get everything attested Degrees, birth certificates, kids birth certificates, marriage....We sent in the degree certificate which was the generic university plain one with out all the special decorations as that one was framed but they insisted we take that one out of the frame and send that too....so I think you should just send all just to make process faster and hassel free...

I also had to get my 23 year old very dusty degree out of UK storage, take it out of the frame and haul it out here.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

How do you go on getting birth certificates, marriage certificates 'attested' ?

I will be taking my marriage cert, kids birth certs etc. over with me, do they need to be attested in the UK?

Sorry if I am sounding like a 'dumb yorkshireman' but all this is new to me !
Old May 15th 2008, 3:46 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal View Post
How do you go on getting birth certificates, marriage certificates 'attested' ?

I will be taking my marriage cert, kids birth certs etc. over with me, do they need to be attested in the UK?

Sorry if I am sounding like a 'dumb yorkshireman' but all this is new to me !
There is no such thing as a 'dumb Yorkshireman'.

You need to find a solicitor who is also a Notary Public and they can attest your degree certificate. You then need to take degree certificate and children's birth certificates to the Foreign Office in London for authentification. Get there about 9-ish and you will be out in half an hour. Then get a taxi to the UAE embassy annex which is just off High St Ken for your certificates to be given a stamp by them. They will ask you to pick them up the same afternoon.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Sam

If I wasn't already married I would love to marry you, you are the font of all knowledge !

Can you cook as well ?

I can't believe that you have to go 'darn sarf' to get your kids & marriage certs rubber stamped though !
Old May 15th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Valiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really niceValiant72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal View Post
Can you cook as well ?
No, she bloody can't!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Valiant72 View Post
No, she bloody can't!
Must be a 'wife thing', mines also pretty damn hopeless !

If they don't have a decent kebab house in AD I think I may starve when I get out there !

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.