Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

to quick questions--mobiles and free wifi

to quick questions--mobiles and free wifi

Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice
Default to quick questions--mobiles and free wifi

i'll be in dubai for the next couple of months, and have two quick questions--

1) i'll need to purchase a mobile, complete with a dubai number. where's a good place to find a basic phone with a calling plan?

2) are the free wifi hotspots in the city? are there cafes with free access?

thanks so much!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:01 am
W10

Default Re: to quick questions--mobiles and free wifi

1, Pretty much everywhere sells cheap mobiles and sim cards. If your phone is unlocked just bring that

2, Pretty much nowhere other than the airport

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

DFC mall has them. seen people sitting about with laptops....
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fritztastic
i'll be in dubai for the next couple of months, and have two quick questions--

1) i'll need to purchase a mobile, complete with a dubai number. where's a good place to find a basic phone with a calling plan?

2) are the free wifi hotspots in the city? are there cafes with free access?

thanks so much!!
quite a few of the malls and coffee shops have wifi internet access...don't know whether it's free or not though...

MM, xx
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:37 am
W10

As far as I know you need to buy pre-paid etisalat cards to take advantage of the wi-fi

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
As far as I know you need to buy pre-paid etisalat cards to take advantage of the wi-fi
a lot of cafes give you a token for wifi access when you buy a coffee etc. Du has also started putting wifi points all over town with 7 days free access as a trial........im on my 5 week of trials now Dubai is also a joke for wifi security and there are open access points all over the place.