Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Quick question about visas

Quick question about visas

Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick question about visas

Ok, so I had my residence visa canceled towards the beginning of the month (9th) but my employment didn't actually finish until the 19th.

Now as I understand it I get 30 days to stay in the country. To extend this is it just a simple case of doing a weekend trip to Muscat or Bahrain, or following cancellation of the residence visa are there any special rules about having to leave for a longer period.

I should have a job offer before the 9th Jan, but just need to be aware in case it falls through.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about visas

My understanding is that you have 30 days from the "date of cancellation" to leave the Country. Usually a rep from the Company accompanies you to the airport as they need to get a bit of paper from the airport as proof you have left otherwise the employer has problems recruiting a replacement person (if this applies in the current climate!). A weekend trip should cover you fine and then you can come back on a 30 day tourist visa. Shame your Company cancelled the visa as transfers are easier. Hope the new job offer works out for you.