Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Question on attestation of degree certificates

Question on attestation of degree certificates

Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:43 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on attestation of degree certificates

I have just been offered another job which I have accepted. I have a question relating to attestation of degree certificates. I am currently on a DIFC visa. When I came to Dubai from the UK, it was not a requirement for me to get the certificates attested. The new job will be under the jursidication of TECOM. I am wondering if this same applies to TECOM or will I need to get my certificates attested. Thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 12:06 pm
Banned

vitalcertificates is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on attestation of degree certificates

Originally Posted by meonline View Post
I have just been offered another job which I have accepted. I have a question relating to attestation of degree certificates. I am currently on a DIFC visa. When I came to Dubai from the UK, it was not a requirement for me to get the certificates attested. The new job will be under the jursidication of TECOM. I am wondering if this same applies to TECOM or will I need to get my certificates attested. Thanks.
Not sure what the requirements will be for TECOM specifically, however where degree qualifications are being requested for proof of educational status within the UAE, it is common practice for these documents to need attestation. I would advise you check within the conditions of your contract or your new HR department to be certain.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Dubai GRO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by meonline View Post
DIFC & TECOM are both free zones and does not require attested degree to process your visa (doeble check with your HR dept) but... but... I strongly advise you to get it attested as you can certainly use it to claim some benefits or even promotions. It will definitely come handy if you had to work for non-free-zone companies in the future . cheers!
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dubai GRO View Post
DIFC & TECOM are both free zones and does not require attested degree to process your visa (doeble check with your HR dept) but... but... I strongly advise you to get it attested as you can certainly use it to claim some benefits or even promotions. It will definitely come handy if you had to work for non-free-zone companies in the future . cheers!
Promotions? I wasn't aware that the UAE recognised such a thing....much like pay rises.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

Attestation can be a bit of a problem depending on where the Certificates were issued. I have been dealing with document attestation for a while now and for Brits it is fairly straight forward as long as you have the document attested in the UK!!!!

If you do not then it must be sent to the UAE embassy in the UK for attestation (British embassy won"t help) upon compleation of this step you must then take it to the Ministry of Forigen Affairs here for the final stamp.

The problem can arise if the certificate was issued in a country that does not have UAE embassy, it must then be sent to the nearest UAE embassy to that country and even then there is no guarantee that that embassy will accept it. Even then in some cases this embassy will request payment in person!!!!!! has happened before and I am sure happens all of the time.

if your certificates were issued in one of these countries the best thing to do is get a document clearing company over here to do it for you, I recomend Al Yafee Document Clearing & PRO services Company, they have a web site under al yafee dot com.