Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A question about setting up a company.

A question about setting up a company.

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: A question about setting up a company.

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Well borrowed from a good friend. And 5 years old, with nearly 297.000 kilometers on it? I guess it's time right? But will get it fixed, orriginal parts and all. No cheating here...

Was this car attached to a taxi?????
Funny clip by the way.Liked the Steve Austin bit.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:51 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoushou
Was this car attached to a taxi?????
Funny clip by the way.Liked the Steve Austin bit.
Yeah... Thought it looked like the albino version of SS

5 years old and 297.000 kilometers? Isn't abnormally high. Used to drive around 75.000 kilometers per year myself.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Yeah... Thought it looked like the albino version of SS

5 years old and 297.000 kilometers? Isn't abnormally high. Used to drive around 75.000 kilometers per year myself.
Understand about the car but,what do you mean by the albino version of me????
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:56 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Hahahaha... Thought that would call for a reaction. Just pulling your leg habibi.

He was good though.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hahahaha... Thought that would call for a reaction. Just pulling your leg habibi.

He was good though.
You know you would get shot for that????
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:01 am
UAE Expat

Well off to the auction again SS, see you inline tonight I hope?

Frans
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:02 am
UAE Expat

You know you would get shot for that????
Who me???? Neah... Crazy Dutchies get away with everything in life right?

Das Vadanja SS
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well off to the auction again SS, see you inline tonight I hope?

Frans

Hopefully.
Break a leg!!!!!

I guess you know what this means in the US
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:07 am
UAE Expat

Hopefully.
Break a leg!!!!!

I guess you know what this means in the US
I do... But with a BMW acting like a whore on Monday morning? Jumping all over the place? It's going to be a fun drive. Something wrong with the electronics in it.

See yah tonight.
Old May 24th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone,

As some of you (might) know, I work in the Floricultural / Horticultural import and export business. And was asked to do some research on setting up a company in Sharjah as it's obviously far more cheaper then Dubai is, I'm stuck with a few unanswerd questions.

My questions are:

1. Can a group of none UAE companies 100% own a company in the UAE outside of the free trade zones?
2. Can a group of none UAE companies buy land in the UAE themselves (Outside of the free trade zones)?
3. If yes. can 15 to 20.000 square meters as a single plot easily be bought?
4. I was thinking of a cheap pre-fab building with a commercial life of around 10 years. Are prefabricated buildings easy to get?
5. If going into the shut down phase of a company, are all initial investments and profits allowed to be pulled out of the UAE freely?

Any help is really appreciated.

Frans
Hi Franz,

Mr LL has a corporate/commercial law practice in Dubai and has a brochure on doing business in the UAE. Don't know if it'll answer all your questions, but let me know & I can send it to you. It's a bit chunky at 1.37MB but it should get to you OK.
Old May 24th 2005, 6:43 am
UAE Expat

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Hi Franz,

Mr LL has a corporate/commercial law practice in Dubai and has a brochure on doing business in the UAE. Don't know if it'll answer all your questions, but let me know & I can send it to you. It's a bit chunky at 1.37MB but it should get to you OK.
Hi Lake Lassie,

Shoushou was one step ahead of you. Emailed me all the info I needed but thanks anyway.

Frans