Reload this Page >

Question about selling consumables

Question about selling consumables

Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:33 am
Just Joined

azeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about selling consumables

Hey guys,
I want to start importing and selling a Energy drink what is currently not available in Dubai.
My question is do the drinks have to meet some sort of standard for me to 'sell' them, like do i have to send some to some guy in the Health industry to say they are okay to consume?

Any help would be good thanks

*edit* I do not intend to sell these in major stores such as Carefour/spinneys/gas stations.
As they are for a niche market (motocross and other extreme sports) i will most likely sell them from my boot, or my friends store.

Last edited by azeds; Mar 26th 2010 at 4:36 am.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about selling consumables

Originally Posted by azeds
Hey guys,
I want to start importing and selling a Energy drink what is currently not available in Dubai.
My question is do the drinks have to meet some sort of standard for me to 'sell' them, like do i have to send some to some guy in the Health industry to say they are okay to consume?

Any help would be good thanks

*edit* I do not intend to sell these in major stores such as Carefour/spinneys/gas stations.
As they are for a niche market (motocross and other extreme sports) i will most likely sell them from my boot, or my friends store.
Trying to do this as a "small business" will never work. You need an import license etc.... you can't just sell things from the boot of your car.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

azeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Trying to do this as a "small business" will never work. You need an import license etc.... you can't just sell things from the boot of your car.
I will import these under my friends name/licence and we will then sell them at his store/from the boot.

Im just curious to know if i have to get some stamp of approval on the product
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There is a whole bunch of hoops you have to jump through before you get a licence to sell a food item, starting with tests by the Municipality at your cost.

-
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The United Arab Emirates is definitely NOT the place for this type of venture.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The United Arab Emirates is definitely NOT the place for this type of venture.
Why would you say that?

-