Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Question about gas bottles...

Question about gas bottles...

Old May 8th 2005, 1:06 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about gas bottles...

So we've got two gas bottles for the cooker. When the first one runs out, am I supposed to call the company that delivered them to switch the hose over to the other one, or do I do it myself?
Old May 8th 2005, 1:08 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Question about gas bottles...

Originally Posted by GarethR
So we've got two gas bottles for the cooker. When the first one runs out, am I supposed to call the company that delivered them to switch the hose over to the other one, or do I do it myself?
call the company mate..... best to play it safe. U cud always ring them up and ask them what the normal procedure for this sort of thing is.
Old May 8th 2005, 1:11 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Face81
call the company mate..... best to play it safe. U cud always ring them up and ask them what the normal procedure for this sort of thing is.
I've decided I'm going to stop sending money to my offshore account.

When I eventually leave Dubai and get all my deposits back, I'll be quids in

Old May 8th 2005, 1:17 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10
I've decided I'm going to stop sending money to my offshore account.

When I eventually leave Dubai and get all my deposits back, I'll be quids in
clever lad. Though whats that got to do with bottled gas?
Old May 8th 2005, 1:23 pm
W10

I had to pay Dh200 desposit for me gas bottle.

Old May 8th 2005, 1:34 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
I had to pay Dh200 desposit for me gas bottle.
one question....... why?

those things dont usually require deposits..... just AED 50 or so (depending on the price) every time u need a new gas cylinder.
Old May 8th 2005, 1:39 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

one question....... why?

those things dont usually require deposits..... just AED 50 or so (depending on the price) every time u need a new gas cylinder.
The way it was explained to me by others (and written up in the Zappy Explorer), you pay about 200-250 Dhs per cylinder when you first get them, then about 50 Dhs per refill thereafter.
Old May 8th 2005, 1:45 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

The way it was explained to me by others (and written up in the Zappy Explorer), you pay about 200-250 Dhs per cylinder when you first get them, then about 50 Dhs per refill thereafter.
Yes we had to as well and you have to in the UK - when we left the UK though we found out you don't actually get the deposit back Not sure what happens here
Old May 8th 2005, 1:46 pm
W10

They have mains gas in the UK you know

Old May 8th 2005, 1:47 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

Not in the Isle of Man where I come from lol I was talking about for BBQ
Old May 8th 2005, 1:48 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Switch it over yourself sweetie, just like you would anyplace else....I do and Meadows is still standing :scared:
Old May 8th 2005, 1:52 pm
The Oracle

thats really odd..... As far as I know, we just pay for a new cylinder whenever it gets delivered. No deposit or anything.

Guess thats one of the many benefits of living up North.

Which company supplies u with new cylinders?
Old May 8th 2005, 1:53 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
so does Sharjah. :scared: :scared: :scared:

I can see the headlines now.... Sharjah Goes Up In An All For One BBQ.
Old May 8th 2005, 1:55 pm
W10

thats really odd..... As far as I know, we just pay for a new cylinder whenever it gets delivered. No deposit or anything.

Guess thats one of the many benefits of living up North.

Which company supplies u with new cylinders?
But you have been living here for a zillion years.

If you'd just moved here you'd probably have to pay a deposit.

I think I must have shelled out about Dh10,000 in deposits alone since I landed

Old May 8th 2005, 1:59 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
But you have been living here for a zillion years.

If you'd just moved here you'd probably have to pay a deposit.

I think I must have shelled out about Dh10,000 in deposits alone since I landed
a zillion years..... i like that. lol

AED 10 Grand? Why???

I dont think I have ever paid a deposit in Dubai in my life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.