Qtel Doha

Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qtel Doha

Called them today to be told its an "approved fault"
I asked what this means and why i havent been emailed or called and they said its an IT issue and to give them a week
I said i cant as im flying back to AD in a few days
They said they will call me back
They wont
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:27 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate them.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I hate them.
Haha i want to go into the Qtel shop but i really dont think it will help. I obviously spoke to the leading Qtel fibre optic chief enginneer top dog salesman when i went in last week and that didnt really get me anywhere
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoned them last week because I had lost moziac and internet. Got the usual please disconnect etc. Phoned back 30 mins later to say no change, so they booked me a technical appointment. Got a text about an hour later and when I got home everything was sorted, then got a text later that evening to say that my ticket was closed.

So can't complain on that front, even get 2.5mb dl which is crap but better than nothing. Everytime I ask them about fibre they tell me to watch the internet. So maybe I am one of the lucky ones that has got some service out of them.

If you want a laugh phone them up and you will get ooredoo almost in every sentence, they are either trying to remember who they work for or trying to brainwash us into remembering the name.

OOOOREEEEEEDOOOOO
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Phoned them last week because I had lost moziac and internet. Got the usual please disconnect etc. Phoned back 30 mins later to say no change, so they booked me a technical appointment. Got a text about an hour later and when I got home everything was sorted, then got a text later that evening to say that my ticket was closed.

So can't complain on that front, even get 2.5mb dl which is crap but better than nothing. Everytime I ask them about fibre they tell me to watch the internet. So maybe I am one of the lucky ones that has got some service out of them.

If you want a laugh phone them up and you will get ooredoo almost in every sentence, they are either trying to remember who they work for or trying to brainwash us into remembering the name.

OOOOREEEEEEDOOOOO
Haha yeah ive had the repeated oorrreeddooss
Went into a different branch the other day to find out they had no idea id even signed up to the service!

Im getting more and more stories though from friends about nightmare installations. First floor simple plug and play jobs and its just idiots coming round. 3 different "engineers" etc
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 guys came round this morning(2 days early)
45mins late
But its installed and the speed is what im paying for
Happy with that
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:15 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
3 guys came round this morning(2 days early)
2 days early, you started the thread on the 9th mate

Now you have TV I shall expect my invite....
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Started it on the 12th...They called me on a coupe of days ago with an appointment for the 24th but then called again yesterday saying for this morning(so 3 days early)
No tv yet as im not going with Mozaic im going for OSN..
Ill wait until im back from AD before i deal with that though. One thing at a time out here seems to be the best way..
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RyanC
Started it on the 12th...They called me on a coupe of days ago with an appointment for the 24th but then called again yesterday saying for this morning(so 3 days early)
No tv yet as im not going with Mozaic im going for OSN..
Ill wait until im back from AD before i deal with that though. One thing at a time out here seems to be the best way..
**** the TV mate - waste of money. Decent interweb connection + vpn is all you need.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
**** the TV mate - waste of money. Decent interweb connection + vpn is all you need.
Even better is get a raid array and download all the tv series you want to watch.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Raid array?

Ive been streaming and downloading things up to now so might just carry on doing that
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well clock is ticking for mine - just moved into The Pearl and visited Lagoona yesterday for 10Mbps Fibre QR 350 package, how long do we reckon?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:45 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hanky
Well clock is ticking for mine - just moved into The Pearl and visited Lagoona yesterday for 10Mbps Fibre QR 350 package, how long do we reckon?

The date, not the time.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL - although apparently it can take 2 months to get the access card for Nikki Beach...
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hanky
I did the exact same mate
Took just over a week.
Try chasing them up after 3-4 days though i found that to work
Paying for 50mps and im getting 60mps constant so im pretty happy overall