Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

QS/COMMERCIAL MANAGER - SALARY EXPECTATIONS

QS/COMMERCIAL MANAGER - SALARY EXPECTATIONS

Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice
Default QS/COMMERCIAL MANAGER - SALARY EXPECTATIONS

Hi Guys,

I'm new and my partner is considering looking at job opportunities in Middle East. Can you give me an idea of expected earnings, and what you can realistically expect to save.

Sorry may be too woolly a question, his experience is in construction, new build office and apartment blocks in Melbourne as well as UK experience in shopping centres, etc.

We're just at the beginning of looking into it and wondering if it will be worthwhile for 6/12 months.

Cheers

NM
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QS/COMMERCIAL MANAGER - SALARY EXPECTATIONS

Have a gander at http://www.maximrecruitment.co.uk/

They normally have a number of QS jobs in UAE.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

Thanks, is it realistic to expect to save quite a bit over there or is the cost of living such now that those days are over. Also, my understanding was that most senior roles provide accom and car on top of salary, is this generally the case.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Most places certainly provide accommodation allowance and car allowance. If you can get accommodation directly provided by your employer then so much better.

As to saving, it all depends how you intend to live. It is certainly possible to do it, just depends how much fun you want to have.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 4:59 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SCOTTISH MARK 2
Hi Guys,

I'm new and my partner is considering looking at job opportunities in Middle East. Can you give me an idea of expected earnings, and what you can realistically expect to save.

Sorry may be too woolly a question, his experience is in construction, new build office and apartment blocks in Melbourne as well as UK experience in shopping centres, etc.

We're just at the beginning of looking into it and wondering if it will be worthwhile for 6/12 months.

Cheers

NM
Hi, Scottish Mark. Welcome to BE. I would reflect what benzonar said above, i.e. try and get accommodation provided. It is the biggest outlay, and if the company pay directly, you don't have to worry about rent increases and the like.

The saving question depends on your own circumstances. If you have children, you have to add in school fees (unless again, the company pay, but that is increasingly rare).

I'm a QS myself, so drop me a PM if you have anything specific to ask or want more detail.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys, have no kids and would be doing it for a year or so to save some money, so just trying to figure out if it is worth the sacrifices.

have heard mixed reports on the lifestyle, good and bad, so shall have to look into it a bit more.

thanks guys for you advice and will def pm when i know a bit more.

have a great weekend