Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar - Visitors Visa, return ticket required?

Qatar - Visitors Visa, return ticket required?

Old Aug 12th 2015, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Deleerious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar - Visitors Visa, return ticket required?

Morning all,

I move to Qatar soon and need to go through the process for the family status once i'm there. In the short term I was told that my wife / son can come over and stay on a visitors visa. They would extend this to the 2 / 3 months at the embassy then do a visa run to Dubai for a day or so and start the process again when they fly back to Qatar so they could stay in the country.

One question, for them to come to Qatar and come in on a visitors / tourist visa, will they need to have a return ticket booked showing that they are planning on leaving... even though they won't be?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar - Visitors Visa, return ticket required?

Originally Posted by Deleerious
Morning all,

I move to Qatar soon and need to go through the process for the family status once i'm there. In the short term I was told that my wife / son can come over and stay on a visitors visa. They would extend this to the 2 / 3 months at the embassy then do a visa run to Dubai for a day or so and start the process again when they fly back to Qatar so they could stay in the country.

One question, for them to come to Qatar and come in on a visitors / tourist visa, will they need to have a return ticket booked showing that they are planning on leaving... even though they won't be?
Yes , the airline will want to see a return ticket before they fly them unless they already have residency .
Old Aug 14th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

A return ticket, or an onward ticket to Dubai? in 2 / 3 months time from their arrival?
Old Aug 14th 2015, 7:09 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We recently returned to Muscat from Munich - via Doha - with Qatar Airways and, when we checked in at the airport in Munich, the staff looked through our passports to see that we had residence visas for Muscat. As British passport holders we would have been able to get visa on arrival anyway so not sure what the reason was and didn't think to ask.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Stange, i checked in today at LHR and when asked about leaving I said I didn't have the info to hand and she didn't ask to see anything. Just checked me in...
Old Aug 16th 2015, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deleerious
Stange, i checked in today at LHR and when asked about leaving I said I didn't have the info to hand and she didn't ask to see anything. Just checked me in...
The airline will ask because they're the ones that are responsible for taking you there . All the onus nowadays is placed on the airline in the UK.

If i fy BA they always ask me when i'm returning back to the UK , it's just a box ticking exercise .