Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

QATAR - Salary comparison to UK

QATAR - Salary comparison to UK

Old May 28th 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: QATAR - Salary comparison to UK

The annual benefits are paid after the probation. The monthly salary inclusive of monthly allowances is still Monthly
Old May 28th 2012, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: QATAR - Salary comparison to UK

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
All of these threads seem to turn into pissing competitions

to the OP, the salary is good imo. However the cost of living will be higher despite whatever your research seems to have revealed to you.

One thing that is in your favour seems to be the fact that it seems you don't have property in the UK so your accommodation costs are just relocated to Qatar. For a lot of people they have to also bear the cost of maintaining a mortgage or whatever at home as well as their costs as an ex-pat (hence looking for the higher initial salary)

Also if you are a director, I would sack you if you don't have others doing the donkey work
I do have a house in UK which I will be renting out. Does anyone know a tax advisor/consultant who can sort all these affairs (ie, non-resident landlord scheme, tax refund, switching to non-resident, etc)?