Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar info please :)

Qatar info please :)

Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

shazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really nice
Default Qatar info please :)

I will going to Qatar in March 2006 to live and work. I will be a middle aged female on my own, working for the Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), in Primary Care.

I have been offered a tax free salary, furnished Villa, transporation allowance, flights etc.

I believe that Qatar Petroleum (QP) have recently been asked to take over the contract process for people coming to work for HMC.

Can anyone tell me anything about working and living in Qatar, particularly for HMC. Also what areas are best/worst for a decent Villa's (which they provide), and how I can contact people in the same position as me?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:31 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar info please :)

Originally Posted by shazbat
I will going to Qatar in March 2006 to live and work. I will be a middle aged female on my own, working for the Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), in Primary Care.

I have been offered a tax free salary, furnished Villa, transporation allowance, flights etc.

I believe that Qatar Petroleum (QP) have recently been asked to take over the contract process for people coming to work for HMC.

Can anyone tell me anything about working and living in Qatar, particularly for HMC. Also what areas are best/worst for a decent Villa's (which they provide), and how I can contact people in the same position as me?

Hi Shazbat

I am in Doha but I know noone working for HMC, Im sorry. What I know is that right after the 2006 Asian Games the Olympic village will be changed into Hamad Medical Village so they will be needing loads of medical staff, I suppose.

As regards to accomodation, literally grab whatever they give u. Its no choice here. The accomodation is becoming more expensive by the month and believe me its no joke. Some ppl have had to leave Doha because they couldnt cope wt rent.

Need to know anything more, dont hesitate, will help where I can
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:40 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

agree with Malt ... make sure you get the house it self not the allowance in money. Really hard to get a decent house at the moment.

anything else you want to know just ask away
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:41 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooooh you two are a mine of information
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:44 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Ooooooh you two are a mine of information

We really are FD

Ambassadors to Qatar...............
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice

Good Evening.

Visit this web site and open the link on the left hand side of the web page named HR Dept.this should be of some help to you.

http://www.hmc.org.qa/

Also try these 3 web sites for info.

http://www.explore-qatar.com/index.html

http://www.qatarliving.com

http://wn.com/s/qatarlife/index.html

Best Regards

Peter Rodgers.

Last edited by Peterrod; Jan 8th 2006 at 7:58 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

shazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really niceshazbat is just really nice

Hi there, it's nice to talk to people who are already there I will check out the links that you mention, and as I think of any questions I will post them. There are so many questions!!

I get a villa provided free of charge, so it's looks as if I am lucky Where is the best place to go when I get there, to make friends and get out and about?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:42 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Hi there, it's nice to talk to people who are already there I will check out the links that you mention, and as I think of any questions I will post them. There are so many questions!!

I get a villa provided free of charge, so it's looks as if I am lucky Where is the best place to go when I get there, to make friends and get out and about?

Err most ppl start off by making friends wt colleuges, their wives etc etc. U can also join a club which will make u meet a lot of friends. Maybe something like Rugby Club or Garveys. Or else u can join a hotel club which will include almost everything u dream of, spa, gym,pool etc etc. There are some women only clubs u might be interested in.

U can make friends with us as well.............I mean if u want to meet the Doha Damsels of course