Qatar exit

Old May 14th 2015, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice
Default Qatar exit

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. Currently working in Doha for about 3 months and have decided to move on as what was promised is not being offered in benefits, which was the deciding factor to move.

I am currently looking into a consulting role in the UAE as part of which they will want me to travel to Doha for work occasionally.

Can somone please help confirm if this will be a problem even if I plan to leave the proper way with no loans etc but will of course still be blocked from working in Doha for 2 years. I will be a resident of UAE and will not require a Qatar resident permit.

*Posting via phone, apologies for typos in advance. .. fat fingers.

Thank you for your time and feedback.
Old May 14th 2015, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar exit

Originally Posted by shake2000 View Post
Hi All,

Looking for some advice. Currently working in Doha for about 3 months and have decided to move on as what was promised is not being offered in benefits, which was the deciding factor to move.

I am currently looking into a consulting role in the UAE as part of which they will want me to travel to Doha for work occasionally.

Can somone please help confirm if this will be a problem even if I plan to leave the proper way with no loans etc but will of course still be blocked from working in Doha for 2 years. I will be a resident of UAE and will not require a Qatar resident permit.

*Posting via phone, apologies for typos in advance. .. fat fingers.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

No issues if you're travelling in and out you'll be coming in on a tourist visa .
Old May 15th 2015, 4:10 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

What's your current visa status - Work Visa (a.k.a. Residency Permit or 'RP') or Business Visa?

Assuming it's a Work Visa, you can't change sponsors for two years from the date of issue and your current Qatari sponsor can block a transfer to a new Qatari sponsor for two years from the date it is cancelled or expires. Unless of course your new sponsor has more clout... The two-year rule only applies in Qatar, so you are free to work elsewhere in the region.

Be mindful of your UK Residency Status which might change if you have a significant break from full-time work, and/or you return to the UK whilst unemployed.

A Visitor Visa won't allow you to do any work in Qatar, you need a Business Visa for that. But I'm sure some people do.
Old May 15th 2015, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

I am currently on a work visa (have my RP) and will surely not be getting a NOC from my current employer. Does this mean I cannot get a business visa even if I am a UAE resident but fly in to Qatar just for business meetings etc.? Or do they just block you so you cannot get a work visa in Qatar? I have no plans of living or working in Qatar for the next 2 years just the UAE role demands I fly in for meetings etc..

Thank you for your help.
Old May 16th 2015, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shake2000 View Post
I am currently on a work visa (have my RP) and will surely not be getting a NOC from my current employer. Does this mean I cannot get a business visa even if I am a UAE resident but fly in to Qatar just for business meetings etc.? Or do they just block you so you cannot get a work visa in Qatar? I have no plans of living or working in Qatar for the next 2 years just the UAE role demands I fly in for meetings etc..

Thank you for your help.
Most people who fly in & out just come in on their passport as visa on arrival as it's easier . You come in and out do your business then go . Qatar airways has 18 flights per day to Dubai and it's full of bods doing that.

You will have zero issues as you'll be a resident of another country i.e the UAE.
Old May 18th 2015, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, much appreciated. Now to secure a job..