British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Qatar Employer Background Check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/qatar-employer-background-check-829561/)

Sam_Reed Mar 25th 2014 6:58 am

Qatar Employer Background Check

I just completed a telephone interview with Qater Petroleum. The interview went very well. My only concern is the background check process. Does QP conduct a criminal background check on its own or will it ask for me to submit a fingerprinted police report? The reason I ask is because I have a similar name with a relative who has an extensive criminal record; it has caused problems for me in the past. I would prefer to submit a fingerprint based record to them as it will show I have no criminal record.

Qater Petroleum is a government agency so I would assume the background check is extensive?

Sam_Reed Mar 25th 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Qatar Employer Background Check

Hello? Bueller? I notice people are peeping, but I would appreciate some feedback:)

britexpat76 Mar 26th 2014 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Sam_Reed (Post 11190583)
Hello? Bueller? I notice people are peeping, but I would appreciate some feedback:)

I think the lack of replies means non of us have any idea, or don't want to give you duff info

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 26th 2014 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Sam_Reed (Post 11189432)
I just completed a telephone interview with Qater Petroleum. The interview went very well. My only concern is the background check process. Does QP conduct a criminal background check on its own or will it ask for me to submit a fingerprinted police report? The reason I ask is because I have a similar name with a relative who has an extensive criminal record; it has caused problems for me in the past. I would prefer to submit a fingerprint based record to them as it will show I have no criminal record.

Qater Petroleum is a government agency so I would assume the background check is extensive?

Surely if you get a criminal report for you, with your name and DOB etc it will show nothing?

Heisenberg_WW Mar 27th 2014 12:06 am

Hi.. I recently went through background checks for a job in Saudi.. Im assuming QP. Will have a similar process..

They contract the checks out to an external company in the UK.. They will get a 'basic criminal record' check done from ' disclosure scotland'... Theres no chance of getting a check on ur relative as u will need to send then ur passport copy and various other ID documents which will be used..

The check will show any unspent convictions u have..

Hope this helps