Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar - Doha College West Bay

Qatar - Doha College West Bay

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:09 am
Just Joined

kevvy mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar - Doha College West Bay

I will be moving to Qatar in August with my husband and 2 children (2 & 4). My daughter who is now 4 will be going to Doha College West Bay Campus starting on the 11th Sept, and I am interested in meeting mums with children who will also be sending their children there.

My Daughter will be in Reception Red, so if anyone out there is in the same boat as us it would be great to meet up before the start of school so our kids can get to know each other to make the transition to 'big school' easier for them. I am hoping that a familiar face will hep my daughter settle in her new school and would love it if you could get in touch if you are in the same situation.

We will be in Qatar 2 weeks before the start of school if anyone is interested...

Also if you can recommend any nice compounds near to the school this would be helpful too!!

Many thanks,
Nicola.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:35 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all
Default Re: Qatar - Doha College West Bay

You will have a better chance of a response on expatwomen.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

kevvy mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Abbey!!

I'll register and post one there too...!

Just worried now as getting a school place was hard enough, now we have 4 weeks to settle in and find a home in which I'm being told good compound villas are hard to come by and rents are rising?!!

Let me know if you know of any available...

Thanks.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Don't rush it, once you get here book into a serviced apartment for a month or so whilst you settle and find your feet,that way you will get a feel for the place and choose your home without rushing and then regretting what you've chosen because once you are in you are tied in for a length of time.
Don't rush just relax and go with the flow.
Join Doha mums and all the other mummy things they do??
Relax and good luck
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

aussieallalone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevvy mc
I will be moving to Qatar in August with my husband and 2 children (2 & 4). My daughter who is now 4 will be going to Doha College West Bay Campus starting on the 11th Sept, and I am interested in meeting mums with children who will also be sending their children there.

My Daughter will be in Reception Red, so if anyone out there is in the same boat as us it would be great to meet up before the start of school so our kids can get to know each other to make the transition to 'big school' easier for them. I am hoping that a familiar face will hep my daughter settle in her new school and would love it if you could get in touch if you are in the same situation.

We will be in Qatar 2 weeks before the start of school if anyone is interested...

Also if you can recommend any nice compounds near to the school this would be helpful too!!

Many thanks,
Nicola.
the pearl is very nice.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Cherry1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola, I have a little girl starting DC west Bay in September and she too is going to be in Reception Red. Would be great to meet up.

Cherry x