Qatar,Doha car rental or lease

Old May 27th 2012, 8:33 am
Just Joined

mightymariner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar,Doha car rental or lease

Hello folks,

I am looking for some advice on rental of a vehicle for use by myself in Qatar

I am moving long term from July.

The vehicle would be paid by my employer, but of course be best cost.

Any advice or experience is welcomed.

thanks
Old May 27th 2012, 9:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar,Doha car rental or lease

Originally Posted by mightymariner
Hello folks,

I am looking for some advice on rental of a vehicle for use by myself in Qatar

I am moving long term from July.

The vehicle would be paid by my employer, but of course be best cost.

Any advice or experience is welcomed.

thanks
It depends on what the allowance is as to what your options are.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:09 am
Just Joined

mightymariner is an unknown quantity at this point

well as such there isnt an 'allowance' as a company we have been operating on a project for approx 9months and have used a car with drive on an ad hoc arrangement.

So for a budget i could perhaps look at costs there and come up with something i assume.

Due to the type of traffic, level of vehicle on the road i would be wanting to drive a SUV type not saloon car.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:21 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The average price for say a Pajero is approx 4k a month for a long term rental and all you do is add fuel.........

Personally as you are here a long time and if you have the cash I would buy one and pocket the allowance as they cost a little over 110k have 3 year warranty and will cost you @4k a year to insure and about 1k a year to service. (Costing QR120,000) A 3 year old Pajero will be worth circa 60k in 3 years, so you have a good bonus coming back to you when you sell.

Leasing is cheaper than rental but you are still stuck in an agreement and would have to pay penalties to cancel it. (If they let you)