Q.E 2??

Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Q.E 2??

Does anyone know if the Q.E 2 is open for business in any way, shape or form? My company are looking to say goodbye to a very close associate of ours and thought it would be nice to dine on there, if its open?

Or, failing that, can you recommend any other out-of-the-ordinary restaurants?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q.E 2??

Did the QE2 not get taken elsewhere for a refit?

Out of the ordinary meaning very good or just weird? Budget?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

2-hour dinner at the 49'ers, starting at 8 and finishing at about 10. That'll be out of the ordinary.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:40 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how big/small your party is or budget but read in this week's Time Out about the new boat/venue Jebel Ali Hotel based in their marina.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.jebelali-international.co...nts/Divaz.aspx
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:05 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Did the QE2 not get taken elsewhere for a refit?

Out of the ordinary meaning very good or just weird? Budget?
I thought it got towed to S'Africa.

It's not where it used to be cause I can't see it...but then that could be the new building the have built next door.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:08 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

The QE2 has been sat in Port Rashid since the end of 2008 with hardly anything happening in terms of refurbishment. It currently has a crew of 50 who keep it in working condition.
The owners, Nakheel are considering selling it as they are quite broke so not much chance of an out-of-the-ordinary meal on board unless you fancy the crew galley

How about the Bateaux on Dubai Creek if you fancy dining on the water?

N.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

According to Wikipedia (I'm doing tax work this afternoon so am bored enough to look up anything) there was a plan for the QE2 to become a floating hotel during the World Cup in South Africa, but that never happened.

She is still in Dubai 'amid a cloud of uncertainty regarding her future'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Elizabeth_2
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:19 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
I thought it got towed to S'Africa.
somewhere like that. God knows what they are doing to it now.

I did see an advert once for a 'restaurant' that was essentially a platform hanging from a crane.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
According to Wikipedia (I'm doing tax work this afternoon so am bored enough to look up anything) there was a plan for the QE2 to become a floating hotel during the World Cup in South Africa, but that never happened.

She is still in Dubai 'amid a cloud of uncertainty regarding her future'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Elizabeth_2
I think once the words Nakeel were mentioned in this venture I knew it would never happen
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:57 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

They have started work again on the area of The Palm Shoreline where it was due to be berthed before Nakheel collapsed.
No idea what they are doing, but a lot of landscaping is going on at the moment.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

We will be a party of 4 or 5 at most and open budget. Something out of the ordinary is what's required though, not 4 servings of posh food that would just about fill a teaspoon.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:05 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Well, given that Al Maha is now under new management (Starwood Hotels) perhaps it would be possible to arrange a desert dinner under the stars. This is one of the dining options which was offered to guests under the Emirates management.

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/98...a-to-starwood/

Perhaps the new management will be relaxing the rules about non-residents being able to visit? Previously you had to be invited by guests but this may change. They also have a bbq type camp out near 'bulldozer road' which has been used for private parties previously.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

my boy's been invited to meet @therealQE on 25th at #emiratespalacehotel