British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   pumping it up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/pumping-up-685609/)

Millhouse Sep 16th 2010 5:34 am

pumping it up

I accidentally let down the tyres on my bike last night. I was trying to top them up with the car compressor but unscrewed the valve and emptied them.

Not a problem... only that the bike uses the small valves and not the larger car type ones and so I do not have an adapter to inflate them.

Anyone know where I can buy either a small bike hand pump or a large / small valve adapter?

Bahtatboy Sep 16th 2010 5:37 am

Re: pumping it up

JD Cycles in Ilkley.

Millhouse Sep 16th 2010 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8852008)
JD Cycles in Ilkley.

Thanks...

let me rephrase my question:

Does anyone posting here know where I can buy either a small bike hand pump or, a large to small valve adapter in the UAE, preferably Dubai? If so, kindly provide me the contact details of the supplier.

Bahtatboy Sep 16th 2010 5:58 am

:D

Just remembered: there is (or at least was) a decent looking bike shop just Jebel Ali Club side of Ibn Batutta Mall, by the McD's. Drive along the road in front of IBM with IBM on your left, go through the arch at the end, then just after the traffic lights there are a few shops on your left, it's in the corner. (Sorry, still not in Dubai, but getting closer.)

Millhouse Sep 16th 2010 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8852051)
:D

Just remembered: there is (or at least was) a decent looking bike shop just Jebel Ali Club side of Ibn Batutta Mall, by the McD's. Drive along the road in front of IBM with IBM on your left, go through the arch at the end, then just after the traffic lights there are a few shops on your left, it's in the corner. (Sorry, still not in Dubai, but getting closer.)

That's perfect. I may take a run down to IBN tonight for a food court curry so will pop in (although I had promised the misses a night out in Dragon Mart - I know how to treat her :eek: ).

MataHari Sep 16th 2010 6:25 am

it can't be that hard to find, how do all the gardeners etc that ride around on bikes manage...
(I realise this is a completely useless answer, but still...)

Millhouse Sep 16th 2010 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8852078)
it can't be that hard to find, how do all the gardeners etc that ride around on bikes manage...
(I realise this is a completely useless answer, but still...)

fair point...i may just ask the gardener if I can borrow his.

Madam Medusa Sep 16th 2010 6:39 am

if it's just a normal bike pump, i have one you could use...otherwise, woolfies on szr is bound to have it...

MM, xx

typical Sep 16th 2010 7:35 am

Ace stocks them. So does Carrefour...

lionheart Sep 16th 2010 8:05 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8852064)
... I had promised the misses a night out in Dragon Mart - I know how to treat her.

A man after my own heart:thumbup: