Pubs (Abu Dhabi)

Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pubs (Abu Dhabi)

I'm in a hotel that doesn't serve any beer. Only one I've found via walking is the Heroes bar downstairs in the Crowne Plaza. Seems OK, but wondering if anyone can recommend any other decent boozers either walking distance from there or short Taxi ride?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pubs (Abu Dhabi)

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I'm in a hotel that doesn't serve any beer. Only one I've found via walking is the Heroes bar downstairs in the Crowne Plaza. Seems OK, but wondering if anyone can recommend any other decent boozers either walking distance from there or short Taxi ride?
Trap Bar - you will be made to feel very welcome.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura about

See attached file - getting a bit out of date now but feel free to feedback any corrections or alternative views.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Clubs & Pubs Abu Dhabi.pdf (249.1 KB, 9831 views)
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a taxi down to Le Meridian, Tourist Club area. Will be only be 5 mins from the Crowne Plaza. There is a popular English pub (Captains Arms) and a few other decent bars.
There are loadsa places to goto, ask some of the guys in the pub.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Trap Bar - you will be made to feel very welcome.
Trap bar is a great bar - NOT!!!
49er's upstairs isn't much better!
Great place to go if you are feeling lonely and want some attention!!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dry as Dust
See attached file - getting a bit out of date now but feel free to feedback any corrections or alternative views.
Thats actually not too bad at a quick glance. The One to One beer garden is a new addition that needs to be added. I think its one of the better places to be able to sit outside and have few cold ones, along with the Captains.

The Belgian Beer Cafe at the Intercon is also very good, but a bit expensive.
And the Brauhaus at the Beach Rotana is also a winner.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Thats actually not too bad at a quick glance. The One to One beer garden is a new addition that needs to be added. I think its one of the better places to be able to sit outside and have few cold ones, along with the Captains.

The Belgian Beer Cafe at the Intercon is also very good, but a bit expensive.
And the Brauhaus at the Beach Rotana is also a winner.
oh no, not the One to One debate! It's shite. Not trap bar shite I agree, but council estate harvester / hungry horse shite!

never been to captains, but I imagine it to be exactly the same.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

oh no, not the One to One debate! It's shite. Not trap bar shite I agree, but council estate harvester / hungry horse shite!

Totally agree - I hate the beer garden but I do like some of the restaurants.

The Brauhaus at the Beach Rotana is our favourite.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Look, in my humble opinion bars in AD are all down to preference rather than taste

The best bar if you want a pub..... is the Tavern at the hotel on the Corniche next to the Corniche hospital. *****ed if I can remember its name but get the taxi to drop you at the Corniche hospital and you will see the entrance to the bar. Cheap and a very long happy hour. 14 aed a pint if I remember rightly and they do have a decent pie as well (yes a Northerner)

Captains does good deep fried chicken wings but is shite. Used to be full of ex Leightons and ALOR proficising (no idea how to spell that in this state of beerfullness) doom. Rest of the clientel used to be tossers ranting about how much they made this month, yawn. Good for single Irish and Australian teachers

The trap bar is class in the same way that Blackpool is entertaining if not sophisticated. Quite a few expats in there and its very small. There are the usual worn out good time girls on their last legs but they are not in your face or should that be on yer face ??? There used to be a sh*te band of Russian singers on just at the time in the evening when a Russian band of sh*te singers seems to make sense and sound good. No good if you want to meet a nice girl or an Irish or Australian teacher

There is 7th Avenue on 7th Street which is in the Sheraton which is half decent but not cheap after happy hour and the food is crap

Heroes is crap full stop

Harvester is a total dive. The first time I went into the basement bar it stank of terpentine. I forgave it once as assumed it had just been painted. The last time I went in, the night before I gapped it, it still stunk of terpentine. Beer as always was shite and not cheap. No expat hunnies, just worn out mingers tapping onto the old but newbie expats. Hanging and the worse dive in Abu Dhabi full stop

For a nice evening with the chance to talk to a decent bunch of blokes and a few passing snatches who arent on the game then try Hemmingways at the Hilton on the Corniche. Not particularly cheap but well worth it. Beware though that a higher class of skanky whore habits the place and they dont always let on until the last minute when its too late and you would sell your granny to an Arab slave trader rather than miss the opportunity

Have fun but I would hit the Tavern if I wanted reasonably priced beers and no skanky old whores
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the edit button on a post when you need it ? Cant find it for my last post
Really need to edit that post a bit and must make a mental note not to myself not to post on here under the influence
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Where's the edit button on a post when you need it ? Cant find it for my last post
Really need to edit that post a bit and must make a mental note not to myself not to post on here under the influence
The Tavern is in the Sheraton...
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
You can edit a post but you only have up to 2 hours from the time it was posted!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Didnt mean for it to be a debate. Just like to sit outside in the open when drinking, therefore my preference for The Captains Arms and the One to One. Likewise I dont mind PJ's.

Not a smoker, and dont like being indoors with all the cnuts that smoke. What is council estate harvester / hungry horse? I dont get that reference.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spart
Didnt mean for it to be a debate. Just like to sit outside in the open when drinking, therefore my preference for The Captains Arms and the One to One. Likewise I dont mind PJ's.

Not a smoker, and dont like being indoors with all the cnuts that smoke. What is council estate harvester / hungry horse? I dont get that reference.
no worries fella, I wasn't having a dig. I agree about the smoking in AD pubs... in fact, I hardly ever drink here for that exact reason. I hate the fact that I come home and have to leave my clothes in the bathroom or put them straight in the washing machine. The hookers don't bother me, but the smoke does.

The village reminds me off a pub on the edge of a council estate...i.e. a beer garden full of pikey kids and parents with tattoos. A hungry horse is a chain of UK pubs that tend to be located on the edge or near large residential estates.

PJs is probably one of the better ones - although on a friday afternoon it's awful - packed full of pissed up w ankers waiting for the AP to get interesting.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much of a pub as a cigar lounge, but Cristal at the Millenium used to be my local. The odd high-class whoooer, but generally quite civilized and conversation ususally available at the bar with business travellers and a mixed set of clientelle. Popular with the Lebos and other NRA's, but I had no problems with that....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.