Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Publications in the Middle East - help needed!

Publications in the Middle East - help needed!

Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:45 am
Just Joined

jamessimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Publications in the Middle East - help needed!

Hi,

I need to find out which are the main business-related publications - primarily insurance and financial services related but other areas too - in the Middle East/UAE.

I guess I'm thinking or the main printed magazines and websites (although they can be one of the same.

Can anyone help - it would be really appreciated!

James
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:01 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Publications in the Middle East - help needed!

Originally Posted by jamessimpson
Hi,

I need to find out which are the main business-related publications - primarily insurance and financial services related but other areas too - in the Middle East/UAE.

I guess I'm thinking or the main printed magazines and websites (although they can be one of the same.

James
I think it's been a long time since there were any financial or insurance specific titles. They were shut down a long time ago.

The main business titles are Arabian Business and Gulf Business. They often deal with financial and insurance news and interviews, but they don't exclusively focus on them.

Best contacts for them are:
Arabian Business (Print)
Ed Attwood – [email protected]

Arabian Business (Online)
Daniel Shane – [email protected]

Both can be reached through the ITP switchboard – +971 4 444 3000

Gulf Business (Print and Online AFAIK)
Alicia Buller – not sure on her email, but Motivate's switchboard is +971 4 282 4060
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

That's really helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

James
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:45 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Try this guy on LinkedIn, he's a top bloke.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 3:30 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Brett's a c***. Just kidding. I used to work with him (he was my sales manager for a while). Really nice guy and he'll definitely be able to help.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

He likes a drink as well, ask him about the Monkey Hangar in Khobar
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:48 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
He likes a drink as well, ask him about the Monkey Hangar in Khobar
Come on then tell the story!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Mention said place to anyone who has passed through Khobar and they will just shake their heads and smile. Its a bit like what happens in Vagas stays in Vagas.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
Hi - I can't access this profile. Apparently I'm not connected in any way so LinkedIn won't let me! Can you give me his name? Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2012, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I can't access this LinkedIn profile - apparently he's not in my network so it won't let me.

Can you let me have his name?

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:48 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamessimpson
Hi,

James

I'd recommend the MEED publication, it will at least inform you of up and coming projects in the region and which companies are winning work: MEED