Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Psychometric tests

Psychometric tests

Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:41 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychometric tests

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
had applied to the London office of the same company a couple of years earlier when i was less desparate to move. They wanted someone with 5 years commercial exerience but expected them to do the crappy test!!

Told them to stick their test where the sun doesnt shine.
yep that will do it every time
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:25 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

http://www.psychometric-success.com/
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:12 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

The testing could include intlligence testing as well. These things can be 'improved' by practice so buy a book from Amazon and practice. More importantly - relax, concentrate and good luck.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dago
The testing could include intlligence testing as well. These things can be 'improved' by practice so buy a book from Amazon and practice. More importantly - relax, concentrate and good luck.
That's true - in fact the verbal & non-verbal reasoning tests are the only ones that you can "flunk" in the traditional sense. Personality tests like Myers Briggs or Belbin just give an indication of your personality type and team-role preferences - you can't fail a personality test. Unless, of course, you're a complete billy-no-mates loser...
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
That's true - in fact the verbal & non-verbal reasoning tests are the only ones that you can "flunk" in the traditional sense. Personality tests like Myers Briggs or Belbin just give an indication of your personality type and team-role preferences - you can't fail a personality test. Unless, of course, you're a complete billy-no-mates loser...
so they don't use that one if you're applying for an accountant position then?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
so they don't use that one if you're applying for an accountant position then?
They do, but 'failure' means a guarantee of a job!

BTW - the most boring people in the world are usually actuaries - they make accountants look exciting...
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meow
They do, but 'failure' means a guarantee of a job!

BTW - the most boring people in the world are usually actuaries - they make accountants look exciting...
very true... although you won't find many people that will admit to being one
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:12 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

very true... although you won't find many people that will admit to being one
But generally they are the highest paid profession of all.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick
If I get shortlisted for a job they told me that the next step is to have psychometric tests. Never had any. What will I be tested on? What can I expect? Help
I used to do and interpret psychometric testing.

It looks for preferences (or styles) such as "global thinking" vs fine detail...basically various attributes fall somewhere along a spectrum. There is no right or wrong answer. But different job roles require different strengths/preferences.

Also, understanding yourself means that you can start to understand others better and therefore work better within a team.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

But generally they are the highest paid profession of all.
how much would a company have to pay you to give up your life?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:43 pm
Banned

how much would a company have to pay you to give up your life?
That is a good question on a well thought out concept - and pretty spontaneous too.

So let me avoid it.

People who do this work are professional mathematicians who then do a long apprenticeship and take challenging exams. So this is not a conscription this is a willing choice as are all professions so doing that job would not be seen by them as a loss of life.

Now to answer your question I would say ten million pounds divided by x is the answer with x being the number of years of freedom after my (say) prison sentence I have left to spend it. So if I am in jail for a short time then it is cheaper than if in for a long time. There would be a cut off - because I demand a five year retirement de minimus.

Well that is the principle I'd use.

I may be unique to this forum in being here for the money frankly if it means unquantifiable sacrifice. But not to sacrifice everything.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

So if someone fails,he's a psycho,non???
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
So if someone fails,he's a psycho,non???
no they are just instantly offered jobs in HR
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
no they are just instantly offered jobs in HR
You saying the Duchess of Fife is a psycho???
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

That is a good question on a well thought out concept - and pretty spontaneous too.

So let me avoid it.

People who do this work are professional mathematicians who then do a long apprenticeship and take challenging exams. So this is not a conscription this is a willing choice as are all professions so doing that job would not be seen by them as a loss of life.

Now to answer your question I would say ten million pounds divided by x is the answer with x being the number of years of freedom after my (say) prison sentence I have left to spend it. So if I am in jail for a short time then it is cheaper than if in for a long time. There would be a cut off - because I demand a five year retirement de minimus.

Well that is the principle I'd use.

I may be unique to this forum in being here for the money frankly if it means unquantifiable sacrifice. But not to sacrifice everything.
i rest my case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.