Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Property/Retirement visa.

Property/Retirement visa.

Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Property/Retirement visa.

I am interested to know if anyone has any real information on how the proposed 6 month visa for people who have bought property and want to live there as retirees or just have too much floose to bother working?

Is the system working and do people have to leave evry six months and come in again to renew as I read was proposed. I am not a property owner as I sold up in August 2008.

Cheers,

Jim.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property/Retirement visa.

I don't know anyone who is on this sort of visa, personally I thought it was pretty expensive.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
I am interested to know if anyone has any real information on how the proposed 6 month visa for people who have bought property and want to live there as retirees or just have too much floose to bother working?

Is the system working and do people have to leave evry six months and come in again to renew as I read was proposed. I am not a property owner as I sold up in August 2008.

Cheers,

Jim.
I had met an iranian family on a property visa but have since have change to a business visa as it was more practical for them since the changes.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't know anyone who is on this sort of visa, personally I thought it was pretty expensive.
Thanks for the couple of replies! Perhaps all the property owners are currently in employment rather than retirees? However at the peak of the property boom there appeared to be many wanting to settle here in retirement!

Cheers,

Jim.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Thanks for the couple of replies! Perhaps all the property owners are currently in employment rather than retirees? However at the peak of the property boom there appeared to be many wanting to settle here in retirement!

Cheers,

Jim.

there are retirees here but they are still on the year visas they got from Emaar when they were conned into believing they could live here forever. When they run out I would imagine they will leave.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to know what sort of visa that 78 yr old Brit in gaol has coz I thought business visas for over 65s were difficult to get.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
I would like to know what sort of visa that 78 yr old Brit in gaol has coz I thought business visas for over 65s were difficult to get.
yeah me too! but it depends on who sponsors him, I have a friend here who is 78 and has a visa but he is connected and has been here nearly 40 years.