British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Property Rental Abu Dhabi - Help!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/property-rental-abu-dhabi-help-832692/)

Buzz126 May 1st 2014 6:06 am

Property Rental Abu Dhabi - Help!!

Hi folks

Just trawling through the villa rentals in Abu Dhabi.
Moving out in June from UK

Got any advice on the good/bad and ugly areas to rent.
Got 144k per year could go up a bit more though..
Ideally prefer a villa as we are bringing the cat with us.. :blink:

I see loads at Hydra Village, any thoughts/advice? all welcomed..

Many thanks:)

CraigM May 1st 2014 8:04 am

Re: Property Rental Abu Dhabi - Help!!

Hi BUZZ126, Depending on where you would like to be in Abu Dhabi, Al Reef Villa's, Khalifa Park or Al Raha Gardens, are affordable and just on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi, also only 45mins from Dubai (Without traffic).

busybee2 May 1st 2014 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Buzz126 (Post 11241854)
Hi folks

Just trawling through the villa rentals in Abu Dhabi.
Moving out in June from UK

Got any advice on the good/bad and ugly areas to rent.
Got 144k per year could go up a bit more though..
Ideally prefer a villa as we are bringing the cat with us.. :blink:

I see loads at Hydra Village, any thoughts/advice? all welcomed..

Many thanks:)

hydra village is a long way out of town..... a lot of people have moved there because its just come on market from al reef, because a lot of landlords are increasing the rental way beyond market rates because there is no rent cap anymore.... so hydra is "cheap"...... if you have 144 (ish) to spend then i would look at kcb/kca or mbz for a villa.

Buzz126 May 1st 2014 8:39 am

Thanks for the advice thus far.:thumbup:
No kids and working out at Zayed Uni.

We're after a location where its convenient for shopping and work distance with an active expat community.

Cheers (or shouldn't I say that?):confused:

busybee2 May 1st 2014 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Buzz126 (Post 11241973)

We're after a location where its convenient for shopping and work distance with an active expat community.

well if at zayed uni then kcb would be better, you could go to kca but its an nitemare traffic there and back as its just too busy now. kcb or mbz would be the best.

Eeyore May 3rd 2014 9:38 pm

We're after a location where its convenient for shopping and work distance with an active expat community

So, pretty much what almost everybody else wants as well?

Rubydo May 4th 2014 11:25 am

The main issue with a villa out khalifa city way is the are not many community/ compound villas most are stand alone villas, they are very big and you get a lot for your money but I would say they could be quite quiet. You may be better looking into al raha gardens, this is a compound and has shops attached too. It's pretty convenient to either go into the city or through to Dubai too as its not far from the main highway. I am living in khalifa park area, the are quite a few compounds out here too which may be worth a look - bloom gardens, al mata (I think it's called) al qurm ect...

Happy hunting and hope this helps.

Laura x

busybee2 May 4th 2014 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rubydo (Post 11245377)
The main issue with a villa out khalifa city way is the are not many community/ compound villas most are stand alone villas, they are very big and you get a lot for your money but I would say they could be quite quiet. You may be better looking into al raha gardens, this is a compound and has shops attached too. It's pretty convenient to either go into the city or through to Dubai too as its not far from the main highway. I am living in khalifa park area, the are quite a few compounds out here too which may be worth a look - bloom gardens, al mata (I think it's called) al qurm ect...

Happy hunting and hope this helps.

Laura x

have you gone to kcb or kca???? there are quite a few stand alone but there are just as many small compounds of 6 or 8 or 10 or even bigger ones!!! raha gardens is very tight for space, tight for parking, has no pool (yet!) and can be costly with bills. khalifa park area there are quite a few villas/compounds but all over 144k per year i would say!! u would need to look at the apartments up there for that money bloom gardens and as you said al gurm (but the originally one also called 87 villas) and there are others al seef etc etc.

Rubydo May 4th 2014 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 11245494)
have you gone to kcb or kca???? there are quite a few stand alone but there are just as many small compounds of 6 or 8 or 10 or even bigger ones!!! raha gardens is very tight for space, tight for parking, has no pool (yet!) and can be costly with bills. khalifa park area there are quite a few villas/compounds but all over 144k per year i would say!! u would need to look at the apartments up there for that money bloom gardens and as you said al gurm (but the originally one also called 87 villas) and there are others al seef etc etc.

I have been out to kca and b and have only come across the stand alone villas hence my comment. Sorry for the misleading info buzz126. It is very hard trying to decide where to live and prices ect...

Laura x

busybee2 May 4th 2014 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rubydo (Post 11245502)
I have been out to kca and b and have only come across the stand alone villas hence my comment. Sorry for the misleading info buzz126. It is very hard trying to decide where to live and prices ect...

Laura x

i have lived in kca when it was very very new like 9 years ago.... there are now lots of compounds.. i lived in kcb and in a compound of 6 but there are loads etihad have loads of small compounds here..... there are many little compounds of 12 or so. not all stand alones in either... in fact in kca they are squashing them in as terraces of 3 or 4 or so... kcb you get a bit more space