Reload this Page >

Property Purchase - misinformation provided by real estate broker

Property Purchase - misinformation provided by real estate broker

Old Apr 26th 2021, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Username789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Purchase - misinformation provided by real estate broker

Hi All

Appreciate some advice if anyone encountered similar situation.

I recently purchased an apartment in Dubai (Emaar property). It was a great feeling at first to have my own apartment until I found out the real estate broker lied about the service charge.

I was convinced that it's a serviced apartment, although service charge is high (nearly double than normal apartment), it includes Dewa, weekly cleaning etc on top of usual maintenance.

This is not the case after I spoke to the building management. Dewa and weekly cleaning are not included at all....

With the high service charge, I feel I face a big financial liability and most important all, shall I know this upfront, I would have not purchased this particular apartment....

I do have the broker's confirmation in email back in July (the purchase was done recently though), do I have legal ground to take this forward? I do believe this is beyond ethics issue.

I did approach the real estate company about this but not sure with the solution yet. Any options do I have other than speaking to the company, the lawyers ? which level of compensation I can expect ?

Appreciate any advice!