Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Proof of address Qatar

Proof of address Qatar

Old May 23rd 2015, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light
Default Proof of address Qatar

Hi,
We (me and mrs) need to submit proof of ID and address in Qatar to HSBC UK. These have to be attested/notarized by a solicitor or British Embassy. I had a few question as to how to go about it:

1. Does the British embassy attest/notarize passport copies and tenancy agreements? I cant find a link to book an appointment (link: https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-docu...uide-for-qatar) for this case.

2. I understand that some law firms based in Qatar can do it? Do you have any suggestions and how much it may cost?

3. The tenancy agreement is in my name. I was wondering how to provide a proof of address for my wife as she does not any document to prove that lives at that address. Note that I cannot use a bank statement as proof of address as it goes to a PO Box address

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of address Qatar

I had the same problem with HSBC Jersey here in Dubai, except the Tenancy Agreement is in my company's name so I have no proof of residential address whatsoever. HSBC live in cloud cuckoo land.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

This will be difficult with the HSBC .i've had the same problem with trying to get a Sterling based credit card through Jersey . I've succeeded but it took 8 months !!

I'm not sure what you can use for your wife . I used tenancy agreement plus detail from Kahramma as the utility provider . I presume your wife is sponsored by yourself so maybe her Qatar ID and RP and maybe be linked in that way but i'm guessing .

It's a difficult one that's for sure .
Old May 24th 2015, 7:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Where the tenancy agreement is in one name only a copy of the marriage certificate is proof of the link between both parties. That is generally accepted as part of the anti money laundering procedures.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

init2winit02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cookiedad
Hi,
We (me and mrs) need to submit proof of ID and address in Qatar to HSBC UK. These have to be attested/notarized by a solicitor or British Embassy. I had a few question as to how to go about it:

1. Does the British embassy attest/notarize passport copies and tenancy agreements? I cant find a link to book an appointment (link: https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-docu...uide-for-qatar) for this case.

2. I understand that some law firms based in Qatar can do it? Do you have any suggestions and how much it may cost?

3. The tenancy agreement is in my name. I was wondering how to provide a proof of address for my wife as she does not any document to prove that lives at that address. Note that I cannot use a bank statement as proof of address as it goes to a PO Box address

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Did you manage to resolve this?

I would be interested to know how you resolved this as I am also in a similar position.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light

Proof of ID: certified copy of passport

Proof of address for myself: certified copy of tenancy contract which is in my name

Proof of address for spouse: certified copy of tenancy contract in my name
Certified copy of spouse visa in Qatar
Letter from me to the bank saying that my spouse is my dependent and lives with me at the address

Documents can be certified at most legal firms in Qatar. Price is usually around qar100 per document

The lawyer/ solicitor certifying the documents has to be UK qualified.
Hope this helps