Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Abu Dhabi

Private Schools Abu Dhabi

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Default Re: Private Schools Abu Dhabi

Id have a look if I was you..... problem is now I don't want her to go anywhere else now....

Good thing is you don't have to pay any registration fees or anything until after your child has been accepted, so it wont cost you anything to go........ and the coffees alright too
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Not in AB at present so need to sit an assessment for repton when we arrive if we think its a better option for the money (No doubt it is) Also being on Reem is an issue as we plan to live down in Al Raha/Al Reef and I work in Mussafah.

FS2 spaces at Reach for sure, if your not stuck on repton?

What are your thoughts on Repton? worth the money? where are you living?
if you are looking at raha reef mussafah then its yasmina bisad reach british sch diyfah international and ayjal.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Just over the road from it on reem island... So location is good.... Fees of 55,000 sting a bit... Especially for a 4 year old... Didnt know reach had availability.... Thanks, I'm looking into that now.

I think the school looks amazing, I know she would love it there. All the classes and facilities are 5 star... The swimming pool is great too. I'd love to send her there as I know she would do really well but if Reach impress me too and they are cheaper I'm going to have to make a decision ...... Could be worse though... 2 weeks ago I thought she'd never get a place anywhere
they will be cheaper much cheaper repton cranleigh and bcad "really" expensive... all bling etc
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

be aware that profit schools have asked for security deposit to paid now for next term..... non profit schools are not asking you to cough up
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busybee2
they will be cheaper much cheaper repton cranleigh and bcad "really" expensive... all bling etc
Calling it "bling" is fatuous, at least for BCAD, and probably Cranleigh also (especially as its still a building site, so you'll have no clue whether it will be blingy or not). Unless by "bling" you mean better quality teachers and more facilities...
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Whether you call it bling or not the arms race in private school sport facilities has been used to justify above-inflation fees rises for decades.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Whether you call it bling or not the arms race in private school sport facilities has been used to justify above-inflation fees rises for decades.
exactly. Mrs Millhouse is a TA at our school. We have a newly refitted marble reception... no PVA glue for the kids to stick things together.

I love seeing how the money is allocated.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

kaz911 is an unknown quantity at this point

BCAD and Cranleigh are our choices. Cranleigh has absorbed a lot of the senior staff from the best schools in AD..... So everything is wobbling at the moment...

Repton is a solid LAST position. Repton is a greedy and not very kid friendly business/company (I don't consider them a school at all) - Our Abu Dhabi experience is equal to our fiends Dubai experiences.

Repton bought the nursery where we had our son - and within 2 weeks the place was plastered in advertising for 3rd party companies in child height and had lot of new "compulsory" fee's for "extras" (Cheap Made In China Uniforms for 2 years and above???)
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Any views on the British international school Abu Dhabi and belvedere?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in finding out more about the British International School Abu Dhabi too.

A friend who previously lived in Dubai also warned me off Repton in Dubai (not sure about AD) as she said they'd gone downhill.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Got my son into BISAD in the end and am very happy with our choice having done a tour and met staff. It was a choice in the end as we had a few offers which wasn't the case until I arrived in AD. Visited Repton out of curiosity and to form my own opinion. It can be summed up fairly easily as a good school facility, but pretty soulless. Poor outdoor play options too due to tight space on the island. My tour was poor and was really centred around getting my reg fee. Very little actual info about the school was passed on!
Old Jul 29th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Yam Yam. If we move it'll be very last minute so I'm going to have to cross my fingers that we can get into BISAD (even though we've never seen it!). Expat life is just bonkers sometimes!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 11:59 am
Just Joined

pippanda is an unknown quantity at this point

For a 3 year old, you should try Kids Academy..British curriculum..one located in Khalifa A and one in Al Bateem. FS1 is now 4.5 years old. Al Yasmina has a good reputation as well as Raha Int.
Old May 4th 2015, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Himesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all my son got place in British International and Reton for FS2. Would appraise if some one can help me choose.
Old May 5th 2015, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Himesh
Hi all my son got place in British International and Reton for FS2. Would appraise if some one can help me choose.
I am hearing really good things about BISAD. One friend had one son there, who now has two at Cranleigh, and said they were really happy with it but they moved to Sadiyaat, so it was untenable.