Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Abu Dhabi

Private Schools Abu Dhabi

Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Schools Abu Dhabi

I am trying to get my kids into schools for the new academic year 2014. They are aged 3 and 6 years old. Ideally British Curriculum - I am open to put them on any curriculum, all the schools I have tried this week are saying they are full and have closed the waiting list!

Any advice?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Schools Abu Dhabi

yep you will have issues.... big waiting lists.

the younger years are the worst for places

have you tried reach british school or ajyal school
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers will try those two, at this rate we will be ending up in Al Ain.

Such a pain trying to find a place for the kids, guys at work suggested The International School of Choueifat, they are "flexible" with the student numbers - but I hear its very regimented.

Has anyone on this board got there kids into that school?
Old Jun 19th 2014, 5:49 am
Just Joined

DelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to beholdDelilahBlue is a splendid one to behold

I had both at Raha, then they moved back to Australia till June 2012. On their return to Abu Dhabi 18 months later, one was at Raha, the other was at GEMS American. I would not send either of my children to Choueifat.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RKI_83
Cheers will try those two, at this rate we will be ending up in Al Ain.

Such a pain trying to find a place for the kids, guys at work suggested The International School of Choueifat, they are "flexible" with the student numbers - but I hear its very regimented.

Has anyone on this board got there kids into that school?
choueifat is a very rigid school, rote learning, gets good results, but they test them too much each week, no interaction with parents and teachers, teachers arent necessarily "qualified to degree level in subject areas" as the curriculum is their own. and if they are flexible with the numbers they will have too many in the classrooms, and its just the way it works in that sch
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Suggest you list all the schools you have tried, and then we can see which ones you have missed (if any...).
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

I have managed to get my kids secured at Diyafah in MBZ

Now on a hunt for a property!
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RKI_83
I have managed to get my kids secured at Diyafah in MBZ

Now on a hunt for a property!
that one and british reach and ajyal are really the only ones with places as they are new!

as i said get a sch sorted first and then a property there are more properties than schools.. look at mbz as that will be right on the doorstep
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Hi does anyone have any information on Reach British school and its status at present? Near finished? In good shape? Teachers in place? Gossip?

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its nearly finished, i can see it they have painted the outside! if you have little kids and thats the only sch that is open to you then so be it... it will be fine, you can always move at a later date if a space becomes available "more suitable".
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Yes only space at present so may have to run with it. My son is at FS2 stage so should be ok. On waiting lists for numerous others so another option may present itself. Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Just got a place at repton reem island after exhausting all other options.... It's not cheap but couldn't find any other FS 2 availability
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Not in AB at present so need to sit an assessment for repton when we arrive if we think its a better option for the money (No doubt it is) Also being on Reem is an issue as we plan to live down in Al Raha/Al Reef and I work in Mussafah.

FS2 spaces at Reach for sure, if your not stuck on repton?

What are your thoughts on Repton? worth the money? where are you living?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Just over the road from it on reem island... So location is good.... Fees of 55,000 sting a bit... Especially for a 4 year old... Didnt know reach had availability.... Thanks, I'm looking into that now.

I think the school looks amazing, I know she would love it there. All the classes and facilities are 5 star... The swimming pool is great too. I'd love to send her there as I know she would do really well but if Reach impress me too and they are cheaper I'm going to have to make a decision ...... Could be worse though... 2 weeks ago I thought she'd never get a place anywhere
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

keep in touch and let me know how things go?

Is Repton worth a look despite the price? I have an option on an assessment for when I arrive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.