Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Private Eye to Saudi?

Private Eye to Saudi?

Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Private Eye to Saudi?

if I take out an international subscription and have it shipped to my work PO Box, would it get here?

And if it doesn't, will I find heavily bearded men with handcuffs visiting my cubicle in the months to come?
Old Nov 30th 2013, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Eye to Saudi?

Originally Posted by sicklyman
if I take out an international subscription and have it shipped to my work PO Box, would it get here?

And if it doesn't, will I find heavily bearded men with handcuffs visiting my cubicle in the months to come?
A) Doubtful
B) Yes.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

They really ought to do an online edition. But guess they think it'll get pirated.

Plus, the last parcel I had sent by normal mail took half a year to get here and was damaged
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
They really ought to do an online edition. But guess they think it'll get pirated.

Plus, the last parcel I had sent by normal mail took half a year to get here and was damaged
They do have a website, but it's a bit minimalist, for the reasons you state.
Probably best to get someone to scan it and e-mail it to you - but I didn't say that...
Old Nov 30th 2013, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys...
Old Nov 30th 2013, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

In case he's got search spiders out:

Oi 'Islop!!! Do us Brits a favour in the GCC and sort it out fella! We've got withdrawal symptoms, 'Smiths don't stock your rag over 'ere.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It will arrive. I had a sub and it got through regularly.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:44 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a Private Eye subscription here in Dubai, and it arrived without fail. It came in a plain brown envelope, which probably helped, as is the fact that it's quite light - if it was heavier and more "magaziney" it would probably have been more likely to be stopped and opened.

I had a sub to Viz as well, and that used to arrive despite being in a transparent plastic cover and sometimes having "questionable" front-cover illustrations. I've since switched to their digital version.

Last edited by Eeyore; Dec 3rd 2013 at 3:46 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

think it's worth the risk of it not turning up... the plain brown envelope will help... if they still use it. But Dubai is NOT Saudi by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to things like this.