Reload this Page >

Private Drivers - Kuwait

Private Drivers - Kuwait

Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Hassnen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Drivers - Kuwait

Hi all,

I have now arrived in Kuwait and in need of a driver to take me around. I need someone with a car too as I will not be buying one. I would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this for me with regard to how to find one, where to look, etc.?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Drivers - Kuwait

why dont you check with the BC in Kuwait, maybe they can help you out. Are you looking for a car-pool type thing? basically a lift to/from work?

Are you wanting a driver on call to drive you anywhere 24 hours per day?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:33 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Private Drivers - Kuwait

Hassnen,

The car rental agencies will provide a car and a driver for you at a daily or journey rate - try Avis or Europcar. The drivers are good.

I accept your reluctance to drive and anticipate the same for using drivers but your model may not work.

The drivers are not well paid so they will not own a car. Unless you pay them sufficient for them to own a car then your model will not work

It may be better to hire a car and get a driver.

I recommend you do not put yurself in the position of being an employer - drivers / low paid do have legal rights and it is possible to break labour law unintentionally. There is also the large mattter of sponsorship of work visa which you may not wish to do.

You can always import a driver as servant legally but he (for it will be he) cannot be a relative.

Good luck.