Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Prepaid data only packages KSA

Prepaid data only packages KSA

Old Mar 27th 2021, 11:04 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prepaid data only packages KSA

I am living on a compound temporarily and I need a home internet connection. I did some research and found that you can actually get a prepaid sim only type of deal which is great cuz I do not want to sign up for a long term contract if that's what you've to do to get a LAN or fibre optic.

Although I'm also wondering if the sim internet is reliable? I rarely work from home but when I do then the internet needs to be good enough to send and receive work files and make video calls without interruptions. Most importantly though, being single means Netflix is one of my main go to activities on most evenings and weekends so if someone could please provide some insight on streaming quality and pricing etc. that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2021, 3:22 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prepaid data only packages KSA

Originally Posted by Edo View Post
I am living on a compound temporarily and I need a home internet connection. I did some research and found that you can actually get a prepaid sim only type of deal which is great cuz I do not want to sign up for a long term contract if that's what you've to do to get a LAN or fibre optic.

Although I'm also wondering if the sim internet is reliable? I rarely work from home but when I do then the internet needs to be good enough to send and receive work files and make video calls without interruptions. Most importantly though, being single means Netflix is one of my main go to activities on most evenings and weekends so if someone could please provide some insight on streaming quality and pricing etc. that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
I use Mobily for my internet. It's actually postpaid but it makes no difference. There's no contract , just pay by the month, or a few months up front, whatever works for you. I pay 150SAR a month unlimited but you won't get that deal anymore because I've been with them for ages. It's probably around 300-400 a month now for the same.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 2:04 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prepaid data only packages KSA

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
I use Mobily for my internet. It's actually postpaid but it makes no difference. There's no contract , just pay by the month, or a few months up front, whatever works for you. I pay 150SAR a month unlimited but you won't get that deal anymore because I've been with them for ages. It's probably around 300-400 a month now for the same.
Thank you.

Someone in the office has this little device with a data sim that he carries on him to use as his on the go WiFi as well as home WiFi. So he told me he doesn't have to buy data for his smartphone anymore, just minutes and text messages.

Seems like a chore to carry two devices in your pocket all the time as compared to one, but apparently the cost difference justifies it 💁‍♂️