British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Prepaid data only packages KSA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/prepaid-data-only-packages-ksa-937837/)

Edo Mar 27th 2021 11:04 am

Prepaid data only packages KSA

I am living on a compound temporarily and I need a home internet connection. I did some research and found that you can actually get a prepaid sim only type of deal which is great cuz I do not want to sign up for a long term contract if that's what you've to do to get a LAN or fibre optic.

Although I'm also wondering if the sim internet is reliable? I rarely work from home but when I do then the internet needs to be good enough to send and receive work files and make video calls without interruptions. Most importantly though, being single means Netflix is one of my main go to activities on most evenings and weekends so if someone could please provide some insight on streaming quality and pricing etc. that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

nonthaburi Mar 27th 2021 3:22 pm

Re: Prepaid data only packages KSA

Originally Posted by Edo (Post 12988313)
I am living on a compound temporarily and I need a home internet connection. I did some research and found that you can actually get a prepaid sim only type of deal which is great cuz I do not want to sign up for a long term contract if that's what you've to do to get a LAN or fibre optic.

Although I'm also wondering if the sim internet is reliable? I rarely work from home but when I do then the internet needs to be good enough to send and receive work files and make video calls without interruptions. Most importantly though, being single means Netflix is one of my main go to activities on most evenings and weekends so if someone could please provide some insight on streaming quality and pricing etc. that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I use Mobily for my internet. It's actually postpaid but it makes no difference. There's no contract , just pay by the month, or a few months up front, whatever works for you. I pay 150SAR a month unlimited but you won't get that deal anymore because I've been with them for ages. It's probably around 300-400 a month now for the same.

Edo Apr 3rd 2021 2:04 pm

Re: Prepaid data only packages KSA

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12988365)
I use Mobily for my internet. It's actually postpaid but it makes no difference. There's no contract , just pay by the month, or a few months up front, whatever works for you. I pay 150SAR a month unlimited but you won't get that deal anymore because I've been with them for ages. It's probably around 300-400 a month now for the same.

Thank you.

Someone in the office has this little device with a data sim that he carries on him to use as his on the go WiFi as well as home WiFi. So he told me he doesn't have to buy data for his smartphone anymore, just minutes and text messages.

Seems like a chore to carry two devices in your pocket all the time as compared to one, but apparently the cost difference justifies it 💁‍♂️