Pregnant in Dubai

Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

bigbaddom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant in Dubai

I am aware of the legal issues of being a pregnant unmarried mother in Dubai. However there must be a european clinic/doctor that can discreetly confirm pregnancy without relying on a stick type test or the bump to show. The baby is very much wanted and plans need making. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Pregnant in Dubai

Originally Posted by bigbaddom
I am aware of the legal issues of being a pregnant unmarried mother in Dubai. However there must be a european clinic/doctor that can discreetly confirm pregnancy without relying on a stick type test or the bump to show. The baby is very much wanted and plans need making. Does anyone have any suggestions?
rely on a stick or go outside the middle east for clinic confirmation - or get married before going to a clinic in Dubai.

You need to produce marriage certificate before giving birth here in any hospital/clinic (and home births are also illegal).
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea -but congratulations you might be best asking this on expatwoman as I am sure someone there would know.

All the best
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:35 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few good western clinics who won't inform the authorities they will however advise you to be married before the baby is born or leave. In fact thinking about it I'm not sure being pregnant is illegal just the childbirth part in true middle east fashion!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bigbaddom
A pregnancy test from any pharmacy will confirm your pregnancy or are you wanting a due date to be given?

When I went for my first appointment at the clinic when I was pregnant, I wasn't asked for any documentation regarding my marital state. The only time I got asked for a copy of my marriage certificate was on the birth of the baby when the Birth Certificate was to be issued.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:58 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
There are a few good western clinics who won't inform the authorities they will however advise you to be married before the baby is born or leave. In fact thinking about it I'm not sure being pregnant is illegal just the childbirth part in true middle east fashion!
in fact, it isn't actually giving birth whilst being unmarried that's illegal, but just the fact that it's kind of hard proof that you had sex whilst unmarried, which is.

Anyhow, OP, you don't actually need to see anyone until the 12 week mark, so get the stick test - they're 99% reliable anyway. Your first milestone scan should be at 12 weeks approx which will date your pregnancy and check for heartbeat and any major abnormalities. This is often combined with the NT scan (Nuchal Test) which checks for Downs Syndrome, although if you miss this, then a blood test at 16 weeks will give you similar results. Again, you could choose not to even have this if you wouldn't act on the information, should your baby have Downs

Any other checks are just routine growth and well-being checks until you get to 20 weeks, which is the Anomaly Scan and checks for cleft palate and other things... as well as the gender.

You won't be asked for proof until the birth, but remember to refer to your partner as your husband!

Good luck!