Power Supply !!!!

Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:04 am
  #1  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Power Supply !!!!

After the power cut i noticed that two of my power supplies have blown up,

Does anyone know any places who repair power supplies etc etc


Thanks
JD
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:24 am
  #2  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
After the power cut i noticed that two of my power supplies have blown up,

Does anyone know any places who repair power supplies etc etc


Thanks
JD
what do u mean by power supplies? you mean the electric sockets in your flat?
Face81 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:42 am
  #3  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Face81
what do u mean by power supplies? you mean the electric sockets in your flat?
Power supply PSU

The little box that sits between your plug and your laptop.
Commonly referred to as switched mode power supplies due to their ability to take either 110 or 240v, and step it down to 16v DC in order to power laptops,speakers etc.

Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:54 am
  #4  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Power supply PSU

The little box that sits between your plug and your laptop.
Commonly referred to as switched mode power supplies due to their ability to take either 110 or 240v, and step it down to 16v DC in order to power laptops,speakers etc.


oh, your adapter thingy...... you could try the Computer Clinic at CompuMe, next to the Aviation Club, just off Garhoud Bridge. They are pretty good when it comes to repairs of puters and peripheral devices.

Just rang up 181 and got the # for ya:
04-3384242

good luck. u still in Dubai, then?
Face81 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:19 am
  #5  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Face81
oh, your adapter thingy...... you could try the Computer Clinic at CompuMe, next to the Aviation Club, just off Garhoud Bridge. They are pretty good when it comes to repairs of puters and peripheral devices.

Just rang up 181 and got the # for ya:
04-3384242

good luck. u still in Dubai, then?
For the time being....
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:57 am
  #6  
W10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

You thinking about going for good? Or you referring to having to head back to Saudi?
 
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:28 pm
  #7  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by W10
You thinking about going for good? Or you referring to having to head back to Saudi?
OK
Here we go......................

I have resigned from my current job.
Regardless of the package, I did not agree with their work ethics or practices.
My background is KPMG, Deliotte, Accenture etc these guys do not have a clue about what they are doing and i refuse to be associated with their work ethics.

Quality of life is not great considering the timescales and targets set.......fantasy at best

Unfortunately Im one of these people who will not sit around if im unhappy with something.

I love Dubai to bits...just hate the company who i (was) working for.

I will be staying in Dubai, much to the annoyance of some, and am setting up a company here.

I may go back to the UK for a week or two, primarily to see my daughter and secondly to sort out financial matters, then I will be back.
However, I do not plan to go to the UK til mid August.
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:34 pm
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 10,461
shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
OK
Here we go......................

I have resigned from my current job.
Regardless of the package, I did not agree with their work ethics or practices.
My background is KPMG, Deliotte, Accenture etc these guys do not have a clue about what they are doing and i refuse to be associated with their work ethics.

Quality of life is not great considering the timescales and targets set.......fantasy at best

Unfortunately Im one of these people who will not sit around if im unhappy with something.

I love Dubai to bits...just hate the company who i (was) working for.

I will be staying in Dubai, much to the annoyance of some, and am setting up a company here.

I may go back to the UK for a week or two, primarily to see my daughter and secondly to sort out financial matters, then I will be back.
However, I do not plan to go to the UK til mid August.
Hi JD
Youre resigning just because W10 asked you a question??????
Strange!!!!

But,on the serious side,you have guts,balls,cajunas,you name it!!BRAVO and the BEST OF LUCK from my side.I hope and pray that you'll be as successful as you set yourself to be.

Rgds
Tino
shoushou is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:35 pm
  #9  
Banned
 
Jellybean's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 10,998
Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
OK
Here we go......................

I have resigned from my current job.
Regardless of the package, I did not agree with their work ethics or practices.
My background is KPMG, Deliotte, Accenture etc these guys do not have a clue about what they are doing and i refuse to be associated with their work ethics.

Quality of life is not great considering the timescales and targets set.......fantasy at best

Unfortunately Im one of these people who will not sit around if im unhappy with something.

I love Dubai to bits...just hate the company who i (was) working for.

I will be staying in Dubai, much to the annoyance of some, and am setting up a company here.

I may go back to the UK for a week or two, primarily to see my daughter and secondly to sort out financial matters, then I will be back.
However, I do not plan to go to the UK til mid August.
Can't think who would want to see the back of you JD

Good luck with the plan.
Jellybean is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:36 pm
  #10  
semarang
 
novita77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: sand dune
Posts: 7,763
novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hi JD
Youre resigning just because W10 asked you a question??????
Strange!!!!

But,on the serious side,you have guts,balls,cajunas,you name it!!BRAVO and the BEST OF LUCK from my side.I hope and pray that you'll be as successful as you set yourself to be.

Rgds
Tino
He have no family to feed (apart of his little angel back home of course) and he have fat savings ... so he can afford not to work

Good luck JD ... I heard you are resigning from outside forum ... meant to ask you, but read ur post on here.
novita77 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:38 pm
  #11  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hi JD
Youre resigning just because W10 asked you a question??????
Strange!!!!

But,on the serious side,you have guts,balls,cajunas,you name it!!BRAVO and the BEST OF LUCK from my side.I hope and pray that you'll be as successful as you set yourself to be.

Rgds
Tino
No Worries, used to have my own company in the UK.

Got talked into working directly for the company im currently with based on false promises.

Im here for quality of life, not the cash...believe it or not.
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:40 pm
  #12  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Can't think who would want to see the back of you JD

Good luck with the plan.
Me neither....



Thank you.
It will be a very VERY interesting 6 months...
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:41 pm
  #13  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 10,461
shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
No Worries, used to have my own company in the UK.

Got talked into working directly for the company im currently with based on false promises.

Im here for quality of life, not the cash...believe it or not.
I believe you.Especially the ''false promises/premises'' part
shoushou is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:43 pm
  #14  
Its good up North!
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 278
Uncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really nice
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
No Worries, used to have my own company in the UK.

Got talked into working directly for the company im currently with based on false promises.

Im here for quality of life, not the cash...believe it or not.
Ye me 2 mate,that an all the fems that need feedN
Uncle B is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:44 pm
  #15  
Banned
 
Jellybean's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 10,998
Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power Supply !!!!

Originally Posted by Uncle B
Ye me 2 mate,that an all the fems that need feedN
...and you would know about that would you UB?
Jellybean is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.