Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Possible restriction on coming to Dubai?

Possible restriction on coming to Dubai?

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

War machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible restriction on coming to Dubai?

Hi All

I have been think of relocating to Dubai by the end of the year, however my only concern is that I might not be allowed back in or my work permit might not be approved. Reason being is back in 2010 I came to Dubai, got a job with one of the largest property developers however soon after joining I had to come back to UK for family reason and therefore had to quit my Job in Dubai. They didn't pay for my visa cost so the only cost they had incurred was the recruitment agency cost which was refundable.

I have heard from people that generally you are not allowed one year after quitting the Job however for me its been more than 2 years now.

Would I be able to visit/work in Dubai? or would I be caught at immigration?

Any guidance?

Ta
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Possible restriction on coming to Dubai?

As long as there are no debts involved, I'd think you'd be alright esp as it's over 2 years...
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:40 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

If in doubt change Passport. I know people that left (Small) debts and absconded - New passport and away you go.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

War machine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys

No debts were involved. Don't think changing passport will be of any help as the name is still the same. Is there any way of finding out if there are any restrictions ? Calling the UAE embassy?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:10 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the number not the name. Read my previous posts, debtors and absconders got back in.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Database uses passport number as poster above says. You won't know until you try it.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by War machine
Thanks guys

No debts were involved. Don't think changing passport will be of any help as the name is still the same. Is there any way of finding out if there are any restrictions ? Calling the UAE embassy?
So you never had a residency visa and the employer didn't ask you to pay them back for anything? There would only be an issue if the employer had opened a case against you and I can't see any reason why they would.

You didn't abscond so no immigration case and no debt so no police case. The UAE Embassy in the UK will of no help either.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, asking the UAE Embassy would bve a bit like going into a copshop and asking,"Are you planning to arrest me ?"
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:12 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Well, asking the UAE Embassy would bve a bit like going into a copshop and asking,"Are you planning to arrest me ?"
More like, "Are you planning to arrest me for just having thrown some litter on the street?"