Reload this Page >

Possible Move to Dubai

Possible Move to Dubai

Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Aikers12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible Move to Dubai

Hi

I have been approached for a possible position working in Dubai.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on a couple of issues

The project would probably be located on the east side of the creek (Deira??), but their offices are in Jebal Ali free zone and I may have to split my time between both.

Where would be the best location to live? I would be on married status with children, so preferably a villa.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

A
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible Move to Dubai

The world is your oyster...anywhere will be fine except Sharjah, perhaps.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Upon further consultation with the company, they have informed me that most of their employees live in the Emirates Hills area (or surrounding communities)

That being the case how long of a commute could I expect to both locations?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aikers12
Upon further consultation with the company, they have informed me that most of their employees live in the Emirates Hills area (or surrounding communities)

That being the case how long of a commute could I expect to both locations?
emirates hills...are they paying for your accomodation...??

MM, xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Yes, they are paying accomodation.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they are paying accomodation.
sorry, i wasn't clear, are they giving you accomodation in emirates hills (which is lovely but dead expensive) or an allowance...?? where you live will depend on your budget...

MM, xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

I pressume it will be an allowance, amount not yet know but should be of a level to get a place in those areas.

The guy I have been dealing with stated that most of the guys stay in that area (Emirates hills, meadows?? the springs??) as its close to the office (Jebal Al free zone)

Last edited by Aikers12; Apr 21st 2008 at 12:40 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I pressume it will be an allowance. The guy I have been dealing with stated that most of the guys stay in that area (Emirates hills, meadows?? the springs??) as its close to the office (Jebal Al free zone)
oh, emirates hills is the posh bit...then lakes and meadows, then the springs...yeah, any of those would be fine for JAFZ...

MM, xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank for that

I will not always be based in the office in JAFZ but will have to commute to site, most likley on the other side of the creek.

Searching the web it seem that kind of travelling during rush seems to be a bit of nightmare.