British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Politics, Religion And World Affairs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/politics-religion-world-affairs-275202/)

Happiness Jan 4th 2005 5:55 am

Politics, Religion And World Affairs

COME ON MY SON!!!!

LET'S 'AVE IT!!!

What to start with first....Israel, Palestine....America and the world....Iraq/ Iran/ and all the 'really dodgy' terror... sorry FREEDOM FIGHTING states. Am I going to be arrested under the terrorism act for saying that.

Come on guys give it ur best shot....

Jellybean Jan 4th 2005 6:07 am

Re: Politics, Religion And World Affairs

Originally Posted by samireh
COME ON MY SON!!!!

LET'S 'AVE IT!!!

What to start with first....Israel, Palestine....America and the world....Iraq/ Iran/ and all the 'really dodgy' terror... sorry FREEDOM FIGHTING states. Am I going to be arrested under the terrorism act for saying that.

Errrr I hv some diamonds to buy........ errrr and a car to pick up......... and I really like this site..........later guys ;)

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 4th 2005 6:08 am

COME ON MY SON!!!!

LET'S 'AVE IT!!!

Well i took a kicking yesterday..
However, any objections if i post my view on all religions..dont wanna cause upset though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Happiness Jan 4th 2005 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Errrr I hv some diamonds to buy........ errrr and a car to pick up......... and I really like this site..........later guys ;)

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! come back...you are my only customer

novita77 Jan 4th 2005 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
However, any objections if i post my view on all religions..dont wanna cause upset though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now JD ... just post ur views.... How crap ur view is ... u r still my cute puppy ... :D

Happiness Jan 4th 2005 6:10 am

I am not any religion....I believe in God though. Religion gets out of hand. I'm sure that's not what God intended

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 4th 2005 6:16 am

I am not any religion....I believe in God though. Religion gets out of hand. I'm sure that's not what God intended

Money is my God

Just typing up my radical and thought provoking post in word....will take a while...............

novita77 Jan 4th 2005 6:18 am

Money is my God

Just typing up my radical and thought provoking post in word....will take a while...............

Sounds like chinese eh??? Work hard for money !!!!

Putting up race sauce a bit... and see what happen ... :D

Malteser Jan 4th 2005 6:20 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Sounds like chinese eh??? Work hard for money !!!!

Putting up race sauce a bit... and see what happen ... :D

Novi u can b such a naughty girl eh.................

novita77 Jan 4th 2005 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
Novi u can b such a naughty girl eh.................

Still on the learning curve Malt ... :D

Happiness Jan 4th 2005 6:43 am

Money is my God

What are you writing... a thesis or something?? jeesh... It's probably enough writing to go in the London library

novita77 Jan 4th 2005 6:45 am

What are you writing... a thesis or something?? jeesh... It's probably enough writing to go in the London library

Is that suppose to be a sarcastic line Sami???

Truth Speak Jan 4th 2005 8:25 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Is that suppose to be a sarcastic line Sami???

Aha, she's learning...sarcasm on sarcasm........

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 4th 2005 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Aha, she's learning...sarcasm on sarcasm........

My personal view is that all religion share a common thread.. they guide you on how to live your life. i.e. dont kill people, dont commit adultery.etc
If you do sin, then you will burn in hell.

From my perspective i honestly think that religion was CREATED as a form of control, and early government and judicial system. Back in the days gone by it was used as a tool to united and control people where there was no stability or heirarchy.

Control as in the sense that if you break a law/commandment you will not go to heaven....where as these days if you break a law you will go to prison.

I think most of the stories within the religious text were designed to draw people in, and terrify them into abiding by the laws, or face the wrath of the almighty.

Im sure at the time it served its purpose, but we have a judicial system now which does more or less the same....punishes sinners.

Most stories within the bible, such as the good samaritan, i believe are just janet and john stories to re-enforce how to behave in certain situations...a sort of moral code.

I did type a load more but thats the gyst of it really.

Norm_uk Jan 4th 2005 9:33 am

I suggest going to www.beliefnet.com if this sort of topic is your cup of tea folks...

Or if you feel daring and can handle a little honesty try www.godulike.co.uk

:)