Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Police Clearance - Kuwait

Police Clearance - Kuwait

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Clearance - Kuwait

Hi all, I've been offered a job and the company has asked my to have my degree authenticated and a Police Record Check Clearance Certificate thingamy done too. I'm in the UK, BTW, and a British citizen so this only really applies to those of you who are Brits/Limeys etc.

I've had my degree authenticated before - went to MK to have this done (there are plenty of soliciters outside the fco building) - so that's easy peazy. But what's the quickest/easiest/best way to get my Police Criminal Record Conviction Check Clearance Certificate Bureau thingamy done?

And thanks for reading my drivel.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Clearance - Kuwait

I'm surprised you ned this for Kuwait - I did not. Contact your County Police HQ (via web) it takes a month, costs a £10.

Really - verify if it is needed - I went through the hassle and it was not wanted.

Good luck - I enjoyed Kuwait
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 View Post
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 View Post
I'm surprised you ned this for Kuwait - I did not. Contact your County Police HQ (via web) it takes a month, costs a £10.

Really - verify if it is needed - I went through the hassle and it was not wanted.

Thanks, Bijilo. Yeah, those checks are becoming mandatory for a lot of companies/countries. One place in Korea wanted checks from EVERY country I'd spent more than six months in! Yeah right, like that's gonna happen.

Anyone else had to have checks done and, if so, what was the quickest method you found? I've signed and returned a contract and am quickly getting pretty sick of the constant drizzle and wind (no metaphors there) here.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Scottyq8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
Thanks, Bijilo. Yeah, those checks are becoming mandatory for a lot of companies/countries. One place in Korea wanted checks from EVERY country I'd spent more than six months in! Yeah right, like that's gonna happen.

Anyone else had to have checks done and, if so, what was the quickest method you found? I've signed and returned a contract and am quickly getting pretty sick of the constant drizzle and wind (no metaphors there) here.
Disclosure Scotland but make sure you ask for the authenticated stamp and signature. 27 quid I think. Then MK same as before for stamp and because you got stamp and sig no need for soliciotr outside.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottyq8 View Post
Disclosure Scotland but make sure you ask for the authenticated stamp and signature. 27 quid I think. Then MK same as before for stamp and because you got stamp and sig no need for soliciotr outside.
Thanks Scotty. Good luck with the move!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Scotty. Good luck with the move!
Cheers, have you moved yet??
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Cheers, have you moved yet??
Not yet, Scotty, but I have received a visa and details of my flight. Things often move a little more slowly in the Gulf, compared to the UK, so patience is a virtue there.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Not yet, Scotty, but I have received a visa and details of my flight. Things often move a little more slowly in the Gulf, compared to the UK, so patience is a virtue there.
Oh yes been waiting for the NOC since mid September but is in DHL hands now so will be visiting Embassy next week for visa and then once all back from EID holidays week Sunday should be able to arrange flight.
Did you have to get your medical report legalised? Bit worried on this as my docs have e-mailed me the report so no signature?? With u having already obtained any advice?
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Oh yes been waiting for the NOC since mid September but is in DHL hands now so will be visiting Embassy next week for visa and then once all back from EID holidays week Sunday should be able to arrange flight.
Did you have to get your medical report legalised? Bit worried on this as my docs have e-mailed me the report so no signature?? With u having already obtained any advice?
Hey Scotty, it might sound a bit odd but I needed a solicitor's check and not a medical. I expect doctor's reports don't have to be legalised, though. If an employer was in any doubt they'd just have one of their doctors look you over. Maybe you could ask someone with more experience of Kuwait?

EDIT: Patience and flexibility are both virtues.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Hey Scotty, it might sound a bit odd but I needed a solicitor's check and not a medical. I expect doctor's reports don't have to be legalised, though. If an employer was in any doubt they'd just have one of their doctors look you over. Maybe you could ask someone with more experience of Kuwait?

EDIT: Patience and flexibility are both virtues.
Well have visa now so just waiting for firm to fly me out :-) when you leave gobobo? Gonna be a quiet christmas
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Well have visa now so just waiting for firm to fly me out :-) when you leave gobobo? Gonna be a quiet christmas
It'll be my fourth in a non-Christian country and I can't say I've ever missed the rampant consumerism, crap work parties, aggressive drunks, appalling weather, social pressures or debt that is entrenched in our 'greatest' religious celebration in the UK.

I've still had a celebration of sorts, though; either a meal with a Christmas-theme in a nice restaurant with colleagues or a meal at a friend's place (or with friends at my place) on the day.