Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP - Insurance nightmare!

PLEASE HELP - Insurance nightmare!

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of
Default PLEASE HELP - Insurance nightmare!

Tomorrow evening I fly to Dubai and over the last two days I have tried to get travel and short term health insurance to no avail - here is my problem - can anyone help - quickly? (Before I lose every strand of hair that I own :-0) )

I have told my UK dr that I am off to work in Dubai so I am no longer on the Drs register in the UK. My new work place in Dubai provides medical care but only from 1st of September when my contract begins.

So effectively I have no travel or health insurance for a week and I would far rather be covered.

I can't seem to purchase single trip insurance as again I am staying in the country for a year.

Any advice or names of insurance providers would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

TELA will become famous soon enoughTELA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PLEASE HELP - Insurance nightmare!

World Nomads, they'll even cover you if you've left home already, had a similar nightmare two months ago
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice

http://www.axainsurance.com/travel/cover-types/
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Axa wont cover me as they only do annual :-( thanks so far for advice
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

TELA will become famous soon enoughTELA will become famous soon enough

http://www.worldnomads.com/travel-in...t-a-quote.aspx

Here you are ... worked perfectly for a student Kiwi resident in Canada, mother in Australia & holidays in France for 2months!
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice

Axa do single trip insurance, used it last year if you go on to the link and explore you'll find that they do.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silversilver
Axa wont cover me as they only do annual :-( thanks so far for advice
no they dont they do single trips as well as annual etc.