Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Please help - found a budgerigar

Please help - found a budgerigar

Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:55 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold
Default Please help - found a budgerigar

We have found a green, very tame budgerigar in the Gardens/Jebel Ali Village area. It was tapping on the window for ages and we were worried it was suffering from the heat so have let it inside, and it's now in a very large cardboard box (plenty of ventilation) with water and some seeds.

If you have lost a budgie - or know someone who has - or would like a budgie as a pet, please get in touch. We're not allowed to keep pets here - given the way they "dealt with" the feral cats (many of whom were tame, lovely animals) I dread to think what they will do withy this poor budgerigar

Please email secretdubai AT gmail.com if you can help.

Last edited by secretdubai; Jul 1st 2006 at 7:14 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:16 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help - found a budgerigar

Originally Posted by secretdubai
If you have lost a budgie - or know someone who has - or would like a budgie as a pet, please get in touch.
This is going to sound like a strange idea to start wirth butbear with me... Y
You could try K9 or Feline Friends, whilst the org's are specifc to the animals they support most of the people concerned wit them are animal lover at heart and may know some-one that can help out. We have seen some of the Feline Friends people with dogs, rabbits, chickens, parakeets, kids etc etc.

Just an idea but might be worth a go?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

not allowed to keep pets here - given the way they "dealt with" the feral cats (many of whom were tame, lovely animals) I dread to think what they will do withy this poor budgerigar
Hey.. what's the story there?
What did they do to the kitties?
Who's your landlord, one of the "majors"?
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:36 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Hey.. what's the story there?
What did they do to the kitties?
Who's your landlord, one of the "majors"?
The kitties were "removed". I still weep thinking about it now. There was a lovely, friendly, clean animal - clearly an ex pet, as she was so tame, that visited us regularly and we used to feed. They got her as well.

Yes - one of the "majors". The N one.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:44 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

We have found a green, very tame budgerigar in the Gardens/Jebel Ali Village area. It was tapping on the window for ages and we were worried it was suffering from the heat so have let it inside, and it's now in a very large cardboard box (plenty of ventilation) with water and some seeds.

If you have lost a budgie - or know someone who has - or would like a budgie as a pet, please get in touch. We're not allowed to keep pets here - given the way they "dealt with" the feral cats (many of whom were tame, lovely animals) I dread to think what they will do withy this poor budgerigar

That's really nice of you

Last edited by gruffbrown; Jul 3rd 2006 at 11:46 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Please help - find a budgerigar

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That's really nice of you
I thought so too

Last edited by rushman; Jul 4th 2006 at 12:08 am.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh... "N". I naknow who you mean.

I can't see how any residents would have a problem with the occasional visit from a cat. They don't attack; they are harmless.

The kitties were "removed". I still weep thinking about it now. There was a lovely, friendly, clean animal - clearly an ex pet, as she was so tame, that visited us regularly and we used to feed. They got her as well.

Yes - one of the "majors". The N one.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:51 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh... "N". I naknow who you mean.

I can't see how any residents would have a problem with the occasional visit from a cat. They don't attack; they are harmless.
But the cat's here are too thin and wouldn't even fill a rabid dog with enough subsistance for an hour.

And they're a bugger to peel too!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

They are only thin because they don't eat shwarmas or hummus!!

Originally Posted by MJC
But the cat's here are too thin and wouldn't even fill a rabid dog with enough subsistance for an hour.

And they're a bugger to peel too!
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:05 am
Diarist

They are only thin because they don't eat shwarmas or hummus!!
Well the building management were pretty clueless. They put me on to three different people. Then they told me to ring Customer Service (couldn't transfer - had to recall). Customer Service told me to ring Security. (Again - no transfer - separarate call).

Then I had one of those desperately confused sandlands-style phonecalls, where the person on the other end doesn't have English as a first language, the line is fuzzy, he can't understand a single word, then he gets it arse-about-tits and thinks I've lost a bird, I'm trying to speak slowly and clearly without it sounding like patronising baby-talk to partially-deaf people, eventually I got the message across but I don't think he got my phone number.

Perhaps it's fate. Because I've kind of fallen in love with Pippin now
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:36 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

You still got the budgie?

Me like budgies. Me buy cage and look after it for you in apartment!

p.s does anyone know where I can buy a bird cage? :scared:
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
You still got the budgie?

Me like budgies. Me buy cage and look after it for you in apartment!

p.s does anyone know where I can buy a bird cage? :scared:
You dont even know if you can have Budgies!
& I think it is in Dubai, suppose you want me to collect it on way over do you?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:47 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rascal
You dont even know if you can have Budgies!
& I think it is in Dubai, suppose you want me to collect it on way over do you?
Can you pick it up for me? Be a great help if you could? Mind you, looking at your flight details you won't have enough time to go and get it!

Never mind, I'll go to the Bird Shop at the Souq on Grand Hamaad St instead and barter for a falcon (or two) ... incl a trainer in tow I think ( :scared: think not)

Lol!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
Can you pick it up for me? Be a great help if you could? Mind you, looking at your flight details you won't have enough time to go and get it!

Never mind, I'll go to the Bird Shop at the Souq on Grand Hamaad St instead and barter for a falcon (or two) ... incl a trainer in tow I think ( :scared: think not)

Lol!
No, I am all the bird you will need & I take a LOT of looking after.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:13 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Originally Posted by Rascal
No, I am all the bird you will need & I take a LOT of looking after.
True.